Latest Features & Opinion
Withholding negative research results not only skews scientific evidence but also puts into question the whole validity of medical research.
FOR YOUR PRACTICE
Physicians must remember that they will be a business owner in addition to being a health care provider.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Although the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder is known to be more common among males than among females in the general population, information on sex-specific recurrence patterns is lacking.
Lower odds of ASD with intellectual disability were seen in the maternal multivitamin use group with or without additional iron or folic acid.
The treatment was effective in patients with autism with or without comorbid ADHD or neurogenetic disorders.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
In young children with cerebral palsy, infusion of autologous umbilical cord blood improves whole brain connectivity and motor function.
The Myasthenia Gravis Impairment Index was developed to incorporate patient input at different stages of disease progression.
The researchers suggest future prospective studies of acute relapse and disease-modifying treatment courses during and after pregnancy to ultimately improve treatment regimens for patients with NMOSD.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity
- FDA Approves Vercise Deep Brain Stimulation System for Parkinson Disease
- Obesity and Alzheimer Disease: Exploring Risk Modification
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Language Deficits and EEG Changes Predict Conversion From MCI to Alzheimer Disease
- Sex Differences in Parkinson Disease: Implications for Diagnosis, Treatment
- Understanding Poststroke Depression: Risk Factors and Treatment
- Value-Based Payment Modifier Program Has Little Effect on Practice Performance
- Growth in Health Care Spending Slowed in 2016
- Paternal Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Use Linked to ADHD in Offspring