Latest Features & Opinion
Despite 3 large randomized trials and updated guidelines, the question of PFO closure remains a complex entity.
HIPAA doesn't require providers to encrypt devices or electronic information, but one could say it is strongly encouraged.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorders
Although PCB chemicals were banned int he 1970s, they still linger in the environment.
Administration of the M-CHAT/F can be done by minimally trained PCPs.
The rate of autism diagnosis was 11.3% for those with an older sibling with autism, and .92% for those without.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
Eteplirsen is the first drug approved in the US for the treatment of DMD.
Those who received antibiotic monotherapy had better outcomes.
Over 52 weeks, patients taking deflazacort experienced improved muscle strength and less weight gain compared with prednisone.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Eteplirsen Earns Accelerated Approval for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Alternative Therapies Deemed Effective for Parkinson's Symptoms
- Biomarkers of Neuronal Damage in Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Gait Characteristics Better Predict Cognitive Decline in Early Parkinson's
- 4th World Parkinson Congress: What to Expect
- Re-Examining Infectious Causes of Alzheimer's Disease
- Official Sleep Recommendations for Children, Adolescents
- New Guidelines for Adult Stroke Rehabilitation and Recovery
- Monoclonal Antibody Efficacious for Treatment of Migraines
- Ocrelizumab Promotes No Evidence of Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Whole Body Vibration, Exercise May Improve Motor Performance In Parkinson's
- Experimental Multiple Sclerosis Drug May Prevent Disease in Mice
- GBA Mutations in Parkinson's May Increase Risk of Dementia
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/22/16
- Statin Therapy Recommended in Parkinson's Patients With Vascular Risks