AAIC 2015 Conference Coverage
Promising cognitive-enhancing agents are being investigated.
Walking, running or swimming may reduce a range of symptoms of neurodegenerative disorders.
Monoclonal antibodies targeting tau and beta amyloid in Alzheimer's disease may also benefit other neurodegenerative diseases.
Younger, female patients were most associated with psychotropic polypharmacy.
Phase-2 study results suggest AVP-923 has meaningful effects in reducing agitation.
Results from Biogen's PRIME study indicated that higher doses were more effective at destroying beta amyloid.
Clinical trials are underway to evaluate if access to amyloid PET scans affects treatment decisions in dementia.
Researchers have begun enrolling 800 patients in a trial to test the accuracy of the PredictND tool.
Benefit seen in the early treatment group could not be recovered by those for whom treatment was delayed.
Differences in brain structure, disease progression and biological characteristics may play a role.
Early academic performance may better indicate cognitive reserve than formal education and occupational complexity.
By 2050, 50% of baby boomers are expected to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Results suggested that TRV 101 prevents oligomerization activity against both beta amyloid and tau.
High levels of both metabolites were linked to worse working memory in normally aging people.
The biomarkers may be useful for the design of clinical trials.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease
- Guidelines for Cervical, Ocular Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential Testing: AAN
- Obesity and Alzheimer Disease: Exploring Risk Modification
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Language Deficits and EEG Changes Predict Conversion From MCI to Alzheimer Disease
- Sex Differences in Parkinson Disease: Implications for Diagnosis, Treatment
- Understanding Poststroke Depression: Risk Factors and Treatment
- Value-Based Payment Modifier Program Has Little Effect on Practice Performance
- Growth in Health Care Spending Slowed in 2016
- Paternal Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Use Linked to ADHD in Offspring