AAIC 2015 Conference Coverage
Promising cognitive-enhancing agents are being investigated.
Walking, running or swimming may reduce a range of symptoms of neurodegenerative disorders.
Monoclonal antibodies targeting tau and beta amyloid in Alzheimer's disease may also benefit other neurodegenerative diseases.
Younger, female patients were most associated with psychotropic polypharmacy.
Phase-2 study results suggest AVP-923 has meaningful effects in reducing agitation.
Results from Biogen's PRIME study indicated that higher doses were more effective at destroying beta amyloid.
Clinical trials are underway to evaluate if access to amyloid PET scans affects treatment decisions in dementia.
Researchers have begun enrolling 800 patients in a trial to test the accuracy of the PredictND tool.
Benefit seen in the early treatment group could not be recovered by those for whom treatment was delayed.
Differences in brain structure, disease progression and biological characteristics may play a role.
Early academic performance may better indicate cognitive reserve than formal education and occupational complexity.
By 2050, 50% of baby boomers are expected to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Results suggested that TRV 101 prevents oligomerization activity against both beta amyloid and tau.
High levels of both metabolites were linked to worse working memory in normally aging people.
The biomarkers may be useful for the design of clinical trials.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis