AAN 2017 Coverage
There is little data to support telestroke for IV thrombolysis administration in the extended time window of 3 to 4.5 hours after stroke onset.
Treatment with the monoclonal antibody erenumab reduced the number of monthly migraine days experienced in patients with episodic migraine.
Pulse pressure was associated with the risk for ischemic stroke in first-ever ischemic stroke patients old than 60 years.
Results from 2 phase 3 clinical trials demonstrated efficacy of adjunctive cannabidiol for the treatment of drop seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Posttraumatic stress disorder is associated with a high incidence of chronic pain; what role headache plays in that relationship is not well known.
Resumption of oral anticoagulants after intracerebral hemorrhage was found to improve outcomes at 1 year.
Non-demented elderly patients experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness may be at increased risk for β-amyloid accumulation.
Mortality among women with preeclampsia and pregnancy-associated stroke was significantly higher than in controls.
A newly published guideline shines light on sudden unexpected death in epilepsy and how clinicians can help prevent it.
Women with a history of migraine are at increased risk for developing hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis May Be Risk Factors for Migraine in Adolescents
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Angelman Syndrome Treatment
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Clinical, Radiologic Markers Predictive of Cortical Superficial Siderosis in ICH Identified
- Migraine Pain Location May Not Have Clinical Implications