Complete Conference Coverage
Visits to the emergency department were also reduced.
Continuous analysis of EEG output helps the algorithm adapt to changes in brain activity.
Structural MRI revealed differences in white matter in people with intractable epilepsy compared to healthy controls.
A large, multi-center study found cannabidiol effective for the reduction of seizures
The Brain Sentinel device was as sensitive as vEEG review by an epileptologist for seizure detection.
Cardiac dysrhythmia may contribute to pathophysiology in a proportion of SUDEP cases.
Heart rate, arterial oxygenation, and electrodermal activity improved accuracy compared with heart rate alone.
These functional analyses suggest that the circadian pathway may be a promising target for therapeutic intervention.
Mutations were identified in 7 genes, including one for the first time.
Incorporating mental health screenings in epilepsy appointments may help prevent suicides.
WES identified a definite/likely diagnosis in 32% of patients and a possible diagnosis in 22% of patients, for an overall yield of 54%.
The 30-minute assessment may help identify those at highest risk of cognitive problems.
Impairment in recalling names, routes, stories, messages, and a space/time disorientation can adversely impact social adaptation.
Inhibiting the pathway upstream of mTOR at the level of PI3K signaling, a locus of significant molecular crosstalk in this pathway, restored the seizure-induced learning and memory deficits.
White matter integrity plays an important part in the neural signature of cognitive impairment in early onset epilepsy.
fMRI-DES could be used for full-brain volume evaluation of brain connectivity and help lead to the refinement of laser ablative procedures for epilepsy.
Ruben Kuzniecky, MD, outlines what to expect at this year's American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd