Complete Conference Coverage
Visits to the emergency department were also reduced.
Continuous analysis of EEG output helps the algorithm adapt to changes in brain activity.
Structural MRI revealed differences in white matter in people with intractable epilepsy compared to healthy controls.
A large, multi-center study found cannabidiol effective for the reduction of seizures
The Brain Sentinel device was as sensitive as vEEG review by an epileptologist for seizure detection.
Cardiac dysrhythmia may contribute to pathophysiology in a proportion of SUDEP cases.
Heart rate, arterial oxygenation, and electrodermal activity improved accuracy compared with heart rate alone.
These functional analyses suggest that the circadian pathway may be a promising target for therapeutic intervention.
Mutations were identified in 7 genes, including one for the first time.
Incorporating mental health screenings in epilepsy appointments may help prevent suicides.
WES identified a definite/likely diagnosis in 32% of patients and a possible diagnosis in 22% of patients, for an overall yield of 54%.
The 30-minute assessment may help identify those at highest risk of cognitive problems.
Impairment in recalling names, routes, stories, messages, and a space/time disorientation can adversely impact social adaptation.
Inhibiting the pathway upstream of mTOR at the level of PI3K signaling, a locus of significant molecular crosstalk in this pathway, restored the seizure-induced learning and memory deficits.
White matter integrity plays an important part in the neural signature of cognitive impairment in early onset epilepsy.
fMRI-DES could be used for full-brain volume evaluation of brain connectivity and help lead to the refinement of laser ablative procedures for epilepsy.
Ruben Kuzniecky, MD, outlines what to expect at this year's American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Initial Treatment With Ethosuximide Improves Behavioral Outcomes in Childhood Absence Epilepsy
- Bevacizumab Wins Full FDA Approval for Glioblastoma Treatment
- Men With Parkinson Disease More Likely to Have Caregiver
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity