AHS 2017 Coverage
Concordance or discordance in pain catastrophizing between parents and children may impact pain coping in children with migraine.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia, a frequent migraine comorbidity, is essential to the treatment of both conditions as allodynia can be disabling and may affect the response to migraine treatment.
Children with headache and migraine, particularly girls younger than12 years of age, experience premonitory signs.
Zolmitriptan nasal spray may be beneficial in the treatment of migraines in adolescents.
NINDS program director urged clinicians, researchers, and clinician-scientists to submit grant applications to the NIH, as very few are submitted in the field of migraine and headache research.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation may represent an effective prophylactic treatment for migraine.
Children may exhibit different patterns of migraine location and quality compared with adolescents and adults.
Erenumab may represent a safe and efficacious prophylactic treatment for episodic migraine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion