AHS 2017 Coverage
Concordance or discordance in pain catastrophizing between parents and children may impact pain coping in children with migraine.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia, a frequent migraine comorbidity, is essential to the treatment of both conditions as allodynia can be disabling and may affect the response to migraine treatment.
Children with headache and migraine, particularly girls younger than12 years of age, experience premonitory signs.
Zolmitriptan nasal spray may be beneficial in the treatment of migraines in adolescents.
NINDS program director urged clinicians, researchers, and clinician-scientists to submit grant applications to the NIH, as very few are submitted in the field of migraine and headache research.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation may represent an effective prophylactic treatment for migraine.
Children may exhibit different patterns of migraine location and quality compared with adolescents and adults.
Erenumab may represent a safe and efficacious prophylactic treatment for episodic migraine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- Stroke Risk Predicted by Dietary Sodium:Potassium Ratio
- Patent Foramen Ovale and Migraine: Is It Time to Close the Book?
- Publication Bias in Neurology Research: Why It Matters and Why It Needs to Change
- Neuropsychiatric Conditions Common in Relatives of Patients With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Treating Cluster Headache: Weighing Current Therapies
- Alzheimer Disease Linked to High Cumulative Doses of Zolpidem in Elderly
- Better Migraine Pain Relief With IV Non-Opioid Combination vs IV Hydromorphone
- FDA Approves Myasthenia Gravis Treatment
- Brain Inflammation Associated With Depression, Anxiety in Multiple Sclerosis
- CTE Confirmed With Antemortem PET Imaging, Autopsy in Professional Football Player
- Childhood Abuse Associated With Migraine, Neuroticism in Adulthood
- Patients With Parkinson Disease Are at High Risk for Depression
- Improving Outcomes of Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Thrombectomy Recommended in Stroke Patients With Mismatched Deficit, Infarct Volume