Children with headache and migraine, particularly girls younger than12 years of age, experience premonitory signs.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia, a frequent migraine comorbidity, is essential to the treatment of both conditions as allodynia can be disabling and may affect the response to migraine treatment.
Concordance or discordance in pain catastrophizing between parents and children may impact pain coping in children with migraine.
Zolmitriptan nasal spray may be beneficial in the treatment of migraines in adolescents.
NINDS program director urged clinicians, researchers, and clinician-scientists to submit grant applications to the NIH, as very few are submitted in the field of migraine and headache research.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation may represent an effective prophylactic treatment for migraine.
Erenumab may represent a safe and efficacious prophylactic treatment for episodic migraine.
Children may exhibit different patterns of migraine location and quality compared with adolescents and adults.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Migraine and Gastrointestinal Disorders: Elucidating an Association
- Brain Health in Contact Sports: Putting It All on the Line
- Alzheimer's Disease Risk Similar in Women and Men With APOE ε3/ε4 Genotype
- Non-Invasive Magnetic Device Approved by FDA for Migraine Tx
- FDA Approves Device for Tx of Chronic Pain