Children with headache and migraine, particularly girls younger than12 years of age, experience premonitory signs.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia, a frequent migraine comorbidity, is essential to the treatment of both conditions as allodynia can be disabling and may affect the response to migraine treatment.
Concordance or discordance in pain catastrophizing between parents and children may impact pain coping in children with migraine.
Zolmitriptan nasal spray may be beneficial in the treatment of migraines in adolescents.
NINDS program director urged clinicians, researchers, and clinician-scientists to submit grant applications to the NIH, as very few are submitted in the field of migraine and headache research.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation may represent an effective prophylactic treatment for migraine.
Erenumab may represent a safe and efficacious prophylactic treatment for episodic migraine.
Children may exhibit different patterns of migraine location and quality compared with adolescents and adults.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Mirtazapine for Fibromyalgia: An Effective Treatment Option?
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- IV Fluid Specs Do Not Influence Neuro Outcomes in Kids w/DKA
- Acute Insomnia Found to Be Common Among Good Sleepers
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Focal Brain Atrophy Predicts Cognitive Decline in Parkinson Disease After DBS