Children with headache and migraine, particularly girls younger than12 years of age, experience premonitory signs.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia, a frequent migraine comorbidity, is essential to the treatment of both conditions as allodynia can be disabling and may affect the response to migraine treatment.
Concordance or discordance in pain catastrophizing between parents and children may impact pain coping in children with migraine.
Zolmitriptan nasal spray may be beneficial in the treatment of migraines in adolescents.
NINDS program director urged clinicians, researchers, and clinician-scientists to submit grant applications to the NIH, as very few are submitted in the field of migraine and headache research.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation may represent an effective prophylactic treatment for migraine.
Erenumab may represent a safe and efficacious prophylactic treatment for episodic migraine.
Children may exhibit different patterns of migraine location and quality compared with adolescents and adults.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Brainstem Damage in Epilepsy May Be Biomarker for Increased SUDEP Risk
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Initial Treatment With Ethosuximide Improves Behavioral Outcomes in Childhood Absence Epilepsy
- Bivacizumab Wins Full FDA Approval for Glioblastoma Treatment
- Men With Parkinson Disease More Likely to Have Caregiver
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Diseases Severity