Most Recent Articles by Alicia Ciccone
Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available MedicationsJul 22, 2018
Funding needs to be more widely available to help implement these effective nonpharmacologic interventions.
Memantine Plus Cholinesterase Inhibitors Improves Psychosis, Neurobehavioral Symptoms in Alzheimer DiseaseJul 22, 2018
Investigators pooled data from patients from 3 phase 3, 24-week, randomized, placebo-controlled trials of MEM in patients with Alzheimer disease receiving concurrent ChEIs.
The treatment may be beneficial in patients whose acute migraine does not respond to standard treatment with intravenous metoclopramide.
Dr Richard Lipton and Dr Paul Martin debated the pros and cons of trigger avoidance in patients with migraine headache at the 2018 American Headache Society Annual Scientific Meeting in San Francisco, California.
The investigators assessed participants for photophobia, unilateral location, phonophobia, exacerbation, nausea, pulsatility, sensory aura, pain level and frequency, visual aura, and allodynia features.
More Articles by Alicia Ciccone
Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: AAN's Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying TherapyApr 23,2018
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd