Alzheimer's Disease And Dementia
Low memory scores are an early marker for amyloid positivity, but not for measuring early Alzheimer's disease.
For improving cognition in a mouse model of AD, combining environmental enrichment and MgT is more effective than either alone.
The findings may be particularly useful at the individual level to determine personalized risk of progression to Alzheimer's dementia.
There is an urgent need for individualized risk assessments for patients with mild cognitive impairment.
The FDA has granted Fast Track status to an investigational agent for the treatment of Alzheimer disease.
Axovant Sciences announced that intepirdine did not meet its primary endpoints.
The APOE ε2/ε3 genotype was associated with a protective effect in women and decreased their AD risk to a greater degree than men.
Some female carriers of the APOE4 gene have a 10-year window where they are more likely to develop Alzheimer's than men.
Lifetime care costs are increased for people with dementia.
Depressive symptoms could be used as an early detection marker of Alzheimer's disease.
Using a transcranial magnetic stimulation approach might make it easier to distinguish Alzheimer's disease from frontotemporal dementia.
Alzheimer's patients can relearn some basic skills such as dressing and bathing themselves.
There may be a relationship between sleep disordered breathing and Alzheimer's disease caused by biological changes in the brain.
For T2DM patients, FPG and HbA1c are independently associated with Alzheimer's disease.
Sleep quality is associated with risk of Alzheimer's disease (AD), according to research published in Neurology.
Family members, especially women, provide most of the care for dementia patients.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Initial Treatment With Ethosuximide Improves Behavioral Outcomes in Childhood Absence Epilepsy
- Bevacizumab Wins Full FDA Approval for Glioblastoma Treatment
- Men With Parkinson Disease More Likely to Have Caregiver
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity