Could a proposal by an expert panel undermine years of progress made in the identification and intervention of autism?
Female participants with phenotypic male neuroanatomical features had an increased risk for autism spectrum disorder.
Despite increased awareness, barriers to earlier diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder still persist.
An open-label study examined the effects of fecal microbiota transfer on symptoms of autism.
Infection with the flu or receiving the flu vaccine during pregnancy was not linked to autism in offspring.
A diagnosis of autism is associated with a doubled risk for a variety of substance use-related problems including drug and alcohol use disorders.
Although PCB chemicals were banned int he 1970s, they still linger in the environment.
Administration of the M-CHAT/F can be done by minimally trained PCPs.
The rate of autism diagnosis was 11.3% for those with an older sibling with autism, and .92% for those without.
Children with autism had a hearing deficit within a specific frequency.
The results are contrary to results from a prior large population study.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- In Refractory Status Epilepticus, Lacosamide May Be a Good Option
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 3/23/17
- Q&A: Strategies for Transitioning Pediatric Patients to Adult Care
- Epilepsy Risk May Increase After Incident Depression
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Coping Program Does Not Increase Health Care Costs
- Valproate for Epilepsy Poses Greater Risk for Major Congenital Malformations
- VTE Recurrence Decreased With Rivaroxaban