NeuroPointDX announced the availability of the NPDX AA test, the first objective blood test that identifies metabolic subtypes associated with ASD in children as young as 18 months old.
A short parent questionnaire may be able to identify gastrointestinal disorders in children with autism spectrum disorder.
Prenatal exposure to most medications affecting neurotransmitter systems is not associated with estimates of autism spectrum disorder risk.
Stress related to social stigma may contribute to why people with autism experience more mental health problems than the general population.
Children with ASD have increased odds of overweight/obesity compared with general population controls after adjustment for child co-occurring conditions.
Autism spectrum disorder is associated with increased risk of depression in young adulthood.
Prenatal tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis vaccination is not associated with increased risk of autism spectrum disorder in offspring.
A literature review was conducted to assess the association between hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and neurodevelopmental disorders in offspring.
Common allergic conditions, especially food allergy, are associated with autism spectrum disorder in children.
There is international consensus as to the importance of work experience and vocational training for helping individuals with ASD obtain employment.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Multiple System Atrophy: A Common Form of Atypical Parkinsonism
- Migraine Treatment in the ED: Overcoming Our Penchant for Opioids
- Oral Film Formulation of Clobazam Gets FDA Approval for LGS
- Erenumab as a Therapy for Hard to Treat Episodic Migraine
- Nusinersen May Be Effective for Short-Term Motor Function Improvements in Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Biomarkers of Alzheimer Disease Observed in Down Syndrome
- Ocrevus Labeling Updated With New Info on Timing of Vaccine Administration
- Approaches for Better Diagnosis of Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
- Short Segment Sensory Nerve Stimulation Offers Potential Diagnostic Value for Ulnar Neuropathy
- Incidence of Guillain-Barré Syndrome Linked With Recent Bone, Digestive Organ Surgery
- Pharmacist-Led Effort Cuts Inappropriate Rx in Older Adults