Could a proposal by an expert panel undermine years of progress made in the identification and intervention of autism?
Although the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder is known to be more common among males than among females in the general population, information on sex-specific recurrence patterns is lacking.
Lower odds of ASD with intellectual disability were seen in the maternal multivitamin use group with or without additional iron or folic acid.
The treatment was effective in patients with autism with or without comorbid ADHD or neurogenetic disorders.
Investigators have developed guidelines to follow for the use of art therapy in children with autism spectrum disorder.
Antidepressant use before conception was associated with a higher risk of autism spectrum disorders compared with antidepressant use during pregnancy.
All of the studies were small, including anywhere from 12 to 92 children, and they typically lasted less than 6 months.
Infants at risk for autism do better if therapists train parents to communicate more effectively.
The FDA has warned and/or taken action against a number of companies that have made improper claims about the intended use of their products to treat or cure autism.
Female participants with phenotypic male neuroanatomical features had an increased risk for autism spectrum disorder.
Despite increased awareness, barriers to earlier diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder still persist.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Series: New Chronic Headache Subtype Uncovered
- Parkinsonism Diagnosis Linked to Cognitive Deficits
- Dose "Ceiling" May Exist for Epilepsy Treated With Lamotrigine
- ENCHANTED Update: No Role for Low-Dose Alteplase After All?
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Progression Associated With Changes in Immune Status
- Migraine and Gastrointestinal Disorders: Elucidating an Association
- Alzheimer's Disease Risk Similar in Women and Men With APOE ε3/ε4 Genotype
- Multiple Sclerosis Risk Significantly Associated With Vitamin D Deficiency
- FDA Approves Device for Tx of Chronic Pain
- FDA Approves Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Treatment
- Neuropathic Pain Linked to Vitamin Deficiency in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prognostic Models for Predicting Death and Dependency in Parkinson's
- Physician Salaries are Stagnant
- Model Helps Identify Seizure Risk in Critically Ill
- Antiepileptic Drugs Linked to Impaired Bone and Muscle Development in Children