Could a proposal by an expert panel undermine years of progress made in the identification and intervention of autism?
Despite increased awareness, barriers to earlier diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder still persist.
An open-label study examined the effects of fecal microbiota transfer on symptoms of autism.
Infection with the flu or receiving the flu vaccine during pregnancy was not linked to autism in offspring.
A diagnosis of autism is associated with a doubled risk for a variety of substance use-related problems including drug and alcohol use disorders.
Although PCB chemicals were banned int he 1970s, they still linger in the environment.
Administration of the M-CHAT/F can be done by minimally trained PCPs.
The rate of autism diagnosis was 11.3% for those with an older sibling with autism, and .92% for those without.
Children with autism had a hearing deficit within a specific frequency.
The results are contrary to results from a prior large population study.
Ziprasidone and quetiapine were not associated with an increase in BMI.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- In Stroke, No Clear Benefit for Head Positioning