Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Patients who received ACE inhibitors showed a slower progression of myocardial fibrosis and fewer cardiovascular events.
Researchers recommend that follow-up protocols be developed for those with elevated CK but negative DMD gene testing.
The conditions are similar, but differ in rate of progression and age of onset.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Vitamin D Deficiency Affects Cognition in Multiple Sclerosis
- Telestroke Treatment With IV tPA: How Long Is the Window of Opportunity?
- Hypothalamus May Play a Central Role in Chronic Migraine
- Migraine Attacks Associated With Reduced Dopamine Levels
- Polypharmacy in Schizophrenia May Have Adverse Effect on Cognition
- In MS, Disease Duration, Lesion Load Predict Relapses and Disability Progression
- Ocrelizumab May Improve Cognitive Function in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Teriflunomide for MS Associated With Low Rates of Infection, Lymphopenia
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 5/25/17
- In Multiple Sclerosis, Hand Strength May Indicate Disease Status