Diet & Nutrition
Participants reported improved adherence to a modified Atkins diet compared with the popular but restrictive ketogenic diet.
A significant inverse trend was observed between the Healthy Nordic Food Index and risk of stroke.
High-fat diets may increase the risk of relapse in children with MS, while high-vegetable diets may be protective.
The study found that subsequent consumption of mercury from seafood had no effect on AD neuropathology.
Food smells generate impulsive reaction in obese children.
Two genetic variants appear to heighten brain reward responses to foods that are high in fat and sugar.
Brain stimulation may help decrease caloric intake.
The results were especially positive in studies conducted in Europe, although the researchers believe this was due to study size.
For each unit increase in BMI, Alzheimer's onset advanced about seven months.
A high fat diet, but low BMI suggest an altered energy metabolism that may contribute to ALS.
The effect of sodium levels on MS development is linked to genetics and gender.
The benefits were seen across all spectrums of caffeine consumption.
Mice fed diets high in sugar and fat showed reduced cognitive functioning.
Men who ate more trans fat performed worse on memory tests.
Children with autism spectrum disorder had both insufficient and excess nutrient intake.
Following a vegan diet helped lower levels of pain and promote weight loss in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
Researchers observed an acute stimulating effect on the brain and an increase in diastolic blood pressure.
The woman was in otherwise good health before suffering a hemorrhagic stroke after drinking a supplement containing BMPEA.
Less people who ate a healthy diet experienced a drop in cognition than those who ate a less healthy diet.
The amino acid is found in red meat, eggs, fish, and dairy products.
High values of vitamin K are thought to ease deterioration.
Consuming cysteine, found in poultry, eggs, beef, and whole grains, is associated with a reduced risk of stroke.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Guidelines: AAN Recommends Exercise, Cautious Prescribing for Patients With Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Galcanezumab Significantly Reduces Migraine Headaches vs Placebo
- Noninvasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation Effective for Episodic Cluster Headaches
- Migraine Risk Significantly Reduced With Investigational Drug
- Guidelines: Opioids for the Treatment of Refractory Restless Legs Syndrome
- Treating Levetiracetam-Induced Behavioral Effects With Vitamin B6
- Apixaban Not Superior to Warfarin for Reducing Stroke Risk in Atrial Fibrillation
- Electrostimulation Plus Task Training Improves Upper Limb Function After Stroke
- Stroke Neurocognitive Outcomes Improved With Gingko Biloba Extract
- Subcortical Microinfarcts Associated With Decreased Blood Pressure in Elderly