Diet & Nutrition
Participants reported improved adherence to a modified Atkins diet compared with the popular but restrictive ketogenic diet.
A significant inverse trend was observed between the Healthy Nordic Food Index and risk of stroke.
High-fat diets may increase the risk of relapse in children with MS, while high-vegetable diets may be protective.
The study found that subsequent consumption of mercury from seafood had no effect on AD neuropathology.
Food smells generate impulsive reaction in obese children.
Two genetic variants appear to heighten brain reward responses to foods that are high in fat and sugar.
Brain stimulation may help decrease caloric intake.
The results were especially positive in studies conducted in Europe, although the researchers believe this was due to study size.
For each unit increase in BMI, Alzheimer's onset advanced about seven months.
A high fat diet, but low BMI suggest an altered energy metabolism that may contribute to ALS.
The effect of sodium levels on MS development is linked to genetics and gender.
The benefits were seen across all spectrums of caffeine consumption.
Mice fed diets high in sugar and fat showed reduced cognitive functioning.
Men who ate more trans fat performed worse on memory tests.
Children with autism spectrum disorder had both insufficient and excess nutrient intake.
Following a vegan diet helped lower levels of pain and promote weight loss in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
Researchers observed an acute stimulating effect on the brain and an increase in diastolic blood pressure.
The woman was in otherwise good health before suffering a hemorrhagic stroke after drinking a supplement containing BMPEA.
Less people who ate a healthy diet experienced a drop in cognition than those who ate a less healthy diet.
The amino acid is found in red meat, eggs, fish, and dairy products.
High values of vitamin K are thought to ease deterioration.
Consuming cysteine, found in poultry, eggs, beef, and whole grains, is associated with a reduced risk of stroke.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Population-Based Incidence of Acute Idiopathic Optic Neuritis Estimated
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans