Aubagio may cause delays in conversion to clinical definite MS by slowing the loss of cortical grey matter.
Patients experienced reduced disease activity when switched to alemtuzumab.
Data show superiority of OCREVUS compared to Rebif in reducing disability progression independent of relapse activity in people with RMS.
Celgene announced new Phase 3 data evaluating the safety and efficacy of ozanimod vs Avonex for RMS.
There are no FDA-approved MS therapies for the pediatric population.
An emerging line of inquiry suggests a potential association between comorbidities and MS relapses, but studies have been limited.
Patients with multiple sclerosis who experience severe fatigue should be screened for obstructive sleep apnea.
In patients with multiple sclerosis, lesions in the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex may be associated with hypoalgesia, and lesions in the posterior periventricular area, with hyperalgesia.
Researchers believe that environmental factors may impact disease severity characteristics in genetically susceptible populations.
With its 20-minute application time, the BICAMS is one of the few tools available for small centers with only a few staff members who might not be trained in administering neuropsychological tests.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- Few With Acute Migraine Take Triptans, Many Discontinue the Drug
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Magnesium Has No Effect on Cognitive Outcomes Following Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Combo Physical, Mental Activity Prevents Cognitive Decline
- Medicaid Expansion Linked to Gains in Insurance Coverage
- Folic Acid Supplementation May Protect Against Language Delay in AED-Exposed Children