Aubagio may cause delays in conversion to clinical definite MS by slowing the loss of cortical grey matter.
Patients experienced reduced disease activity when switched to alemtuzumab.
Data show superiority of OCREVUS compared to Rebif in reducing disability progression independent of relapse activity in people with RMS.
Celgene announced new Phase 3 data evaluating the safety and efficacy of ozanimod vs Avonex for RMS.
There are no FDA-approved MS therapies for the pediatric population.
An emerging line of inquiry suggests a potential association between comorbidities and MS relapses, but studies have been limited.
Patients with multiple sclerosis who experience severe fatigue should be screened for obstructive sleep apnea.
In patients with multiple sclerosis, lesions in the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex may be associated with hypoalgesia, and lesions in the posterior periventricular area, with hyperalgesia.
Researchers believe that environmental factors may impact disease severity characteristics in genetically susceptible populations.
With its 20-minute application time, the BICAMS is one of the few tools available for small centers with only a few staff members who might not be trained in administering neuropsychological tests.
Viral load of Epstien-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 6 may be higher in patients with MS who also have low vitamin D levels.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making