Risk for mortality in posttraumatic epilepsy is high, and negative outcomes affecting cognitive, affective, and physical function are common.
A study assessed longitudinal behavior in pediatric patients with childhood absence epilepsy and made recommendations regarding initial preferred monotherapy.
Duration of Ictal Hypoxemia is Associated With Potentially High-Risk Cardiac Arrhythmias in Epilepsy
Duration of ictal/postictal hypoxemia may be associated with potentially high-risk cardiac arrhythmias during FBTCSs/GTCSs.
Adjunctive treatment with eslicarbazepine was associated with seizure freedom in adult patients with drug-resistant partial epilepsy.
Among infants exposed to the medication in utero, none had major or significant malformations.
New use of clonazepam, levetiracetam, or topiramate was not associated with Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
The relative risk of seizure disorder is higher in women who were affected by eclampsia than those who were not.
The FDA has approved lacosamide for treating pediatric patients with partial-onset seizures.
Of 84 products sampled, 42.85% were underlabeled and 26.19% were overlabeled.
Infection with the Zika virus may increase the risk for development of Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Surgery can improve freedom from seizures in pediatric patients with drug-resistant epilepsy.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Brainstem Damage in Epilepsy May Be Biomarker for Increased SUDEP Risk
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Initial Treatment With Ethosuximide Improves Behavioral Outcomes in Childhood Absence Epilepsy
- Bivacizumab Wins Full FDA Approval for Glioblastoma Treatment
- Men With Parkinson Disease More Likely to Have Caregiver
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Diseases Severity
- Single AbobotulinumtoxinA Injections Safely Reduces Muscle Tone in Chronic Hemiparesis