The International League Against Epilepsy has revised its epilepsy classification system in an effort to inform epilepsy research and aid drug development.
Sunovion has filed a supplemental NDA with the FDA to expand the indication for Aptiom to pediatric patients with partial onset seizures.
In people with Dravet syndrome, language impairments increase with age, suggesting that early intervention with targeted oral motor therapies may be helpful.
Elderly patients with neurologic comorbidities such as stroke or dementia had an increased risk for epilepsy or seizures.
There is as much as a 32% risk for vigabatrin-associated brain abnormalities in patients with infantile spasms.
Patients taking enzyme-inducing antiepileptic drugs and hormonal contraceptives face a greater risk of unintended pregnancy.
Participants reported improved adherence to a modified Atkins diet compared with the popular but restrictive ketogenic diet.
This study identified a feature of the epileptic brain that evolves slowly and differs fundamentally in well-controlled and poorly controlled epilepsy.
A subset of epilepsy cases of unknown etiology may be secondary to the production of autoantibodies.
Despite recommendations, many patients in the cohort were prescribed older antiepileptic drugs.
Patients who participated in a group course with other people with epilepsy felt less isolated and more confident.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Self-Controlled Electric Stimulation a Good Alternative to Drug Therapy for Migraine
- Elevated Copeptin Levels in Acute Headache May Signify More Serious Etiology
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- Neural Targeting Spinal Cord Stimulation Superior for Axial Low Back Pain
- DHA Supplementation Has No Impact on IQ in Offspring
- Safinamide Approved as Adjunctive Therapy for Parkinson's
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- Depression, Schizophrenia Identified With Objective Blood Biomarker
- Autoimmune Disease Hospitalization Linked to Future Dementia Risk