While immunocompromised patients are the most susceptible to CNS fungal infections, they can also occur in immunocompetent patients undergoing invasive procedures such as neurosurgery and in patients exposed to contaminated devices or drugs.
Advance care planning in frail older adults does not increase patient activation or quality of life.
Delay or lack of speech, seizures, and walking/balance disorders are some of the symptoms associated with AS.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug designation to Surface Oncology's lead investigational candidate SRF231, a potential treatment for patients with multiple myeloma.
Individual blood donations will no longer need to be tested for the Zika virus.
Anticonvulsant drugs are ineffective for chronic low back pain and can cause harm, despite a recent increase in prescribing.
Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection, a cholinesterase inhibitor, is indicated to reverse the effects of non-depolarizing neuromuscular blockers after surgery.
CUTX-101, a subcutaneous injectable formulation of copper histidinate, is designed to supplement blood and brain copper levels in patients with Menkes disease.
Aedes aegypti mosquitoes can spread the Zika virus.
Cannabis use is associated with psychosis symptoms during adolescence.
Approximately one-third of US children and adolescents use dietary supplements.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans
- Alcohol Exposure Via Breastmilk May Affect Infant Development