1p/19q non-co-deleted anaplastic gliomas are associated with lower sensitivity to chemotherapy and worse prognosis than 1p/19q co-deleted tumors.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Radiomic-based superpc signature stratifies patients into low- or high-risk groups for PFS, OS.
The role of antiangiogenic agents continues to evolve in the treatment of CNS cancers.
Researchers were able to identify 8 genes that showed the highest association to outcomes.
Multiple modalities were found to be superior to single modality therapies in elderly patients with glioblastoma.
Interestingly, the risk of death and tumor progression was increased in low-grade gliomas.
Those who received both treatments lived longer than those who received radiation alone.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
The association may be mediated by mechanisms dependent on matrix metalloproteinases.
Researchers found an association between obesity and meningioma risk, but not for glioma.
The combination therapy specifically targets glioblastoma cells.
Patients who meet standard eligibility requirements may make good candidates for single-agent trials.
Researchers found a decrease in use of radiation treatment after 2005.
Two studies classified gliomas into distinct subtypes by analyzing their genomes.
The researchers stressed that gliomas are very rare, and risk/benefit still favors using hormonal contraception.
70.8% of patients saw improved performance status while on single-agent bevacizumab.
Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine administered after radiation therapy was shown to improve survival in gliomas.
Brittany Maynard's physician-assisted suicide has reignited the "death with dignity" debate that challenges the ethical standards of the medical profession.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making