1p/19q non-co-deleted anaplastic gliomas are associated with lower sensitivity to chemotherapy and worse prognosis than 1p/19q co-deleted tumors.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Radiomic-based superpc signature stratifies patients into low- or high-risk groups for PFS, OS.
The role of antiangiogenic agents continues to evolve in the treatment of CNS cancers.
Researchers were able to identify 8 genes that showed the highest association to outcomes.
Multiple modalities were found to be superior to single modality therapies in elderly patients with glioblastoma.
Interestingly, the risk of death and tumor progression was increased in low-grade gliomas.
Those who received both treatments lived longer than those who received radiation alone.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
The association may be mediated by mechanisms dependent on matrix metalloproteinases.
Researchers found an association between obesity and meningioma risk, but not for glioma.
The combination therapy specifically targets glioblastoma cells.
Patients who meet standard eligibility requirements may make good candidates for single-agent trials.
Researchers found a decrease in use of radiation treatment after 2005.
Two studies classified gliomas into distinct subtypes by analyzing their genomes.
The researchers stressed that gliomas are very rare, and risk/benefit still favors using hormonal contraception.
70.8% of patients saw improved performance status while on single-agent bevacizumab.
Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine administered after radiation therapy was shown to improve survival in gliomas.
Brittany Maynard's physician-assisted suicide has reignited the "death with dignity" debate that challenges the ethical standards of the medical profession.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Women With Epilepsy More Likely to Have Major Depressive Disorder
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor Polyneuropathy
- Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes Associated With Cognitive Decline
- White Matter Hyperintensities in RCVS Vary Over Time
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- Levetiracetam Effective as Episodic Migraine Prophylactic