Latest from ISC 2016
The novel treatment did not meet primary endpoints, however it did reduce hospitalization, adverse outcomes, and death.
Women with pregnancy at an advanced age had significantly higher rates of ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, myocardial infarction, and cardiovascular death.
Patients of advanced age, black race, and with comorbidities have a higher risk of post-stroke GIBO.
The average annual cost for providing care to a stroke survivor was $11,300.
REVERSE-AD is an ongoing phase 3 cohort study evaluating the reversal effects of idarucizumab on dabigatran.
Treatment with IV tPA appeared safe and feasible with stroke onset confirmation from MRI.
Improvements in Rankin Scale score, Stroke Impact Scale-16, and Montreal Cognitive Assessment were observed in the treatment group.
Some strokes attributable to large-artery atherosclerosis are not being recognized as such because of <50% stenosis.
Those who slept more than 8 hours had a 146% greater risk of stroke.
Patients taking pioglitazone saw a 24% reduction in risk for recurrent stroke or myocardial infarction compared to placebo.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Expanded Treatment Window for Clot Retrieval Device in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Genetic and Imaging Markers in Migraine: Ready for Prime Time?
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage-Related Hospital Mortality Reduced With Prior NOAC Use
- Resting Tremor Most Common in Early Parkinson Disease
- Erenumab for Episodic Migraine: A Closer Look at the Data
- Updated Ischemic Stroke Guidelines: Expert Takeaways
- Alternative Genetic Risk Variant for Alzheimer Disease Identified
- Advance Directives for Dementia: Honoring Patient Wishes When You Don't Know What They Are
- Ethical Considerations in New Coma Research
- Poor Sleep Associated With Worse PTSD, Chronic Pain in Youth
- Shortcomings in ALS Research: Strategies for Improvement
- Treatments Vary in Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Premature Dementia Risk Increased in Those With Heart Defects
- Are Casual Observers Able to Accurately Localize Areas of Facial Paralysis?
- Adolescents With Chronic Headache May Benefit From Targeted Group Education