Latest from ISC 2016
The novel treatment did not meet primary endpoints, however it did reduce hospitalization, adverse outcomes, and death.
Women with pregnancy at an advanced age had significantly higher rates of ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, myocardial infarction, and cardiovascular death.
Patients of advanced age, black race, and with comorbidities have a higher risk of post-stroke GIBO.
The average annual cost for providing care to a stroke survivor was $11,300.
REVERSE-AD is an ongoing phase 3 cohort study evaluating the reversal effects of idarucizumab on dabigatran.
Treatment with IV tPA appeared safe and feasible with stroke onset confirmation from MRI.
Improvements in Rankin Scale score, Stroke Impact Scale-16, and Montreal Cognitive Assessment were observed in the treatment group.
Some strokes attributable to large-artery atherosclerosis are not being recognized as such because of <50% stenosis.
Those who slept more than 8 hours had a 146% greater risk of stroke.
Patients taking pioglitazone saw a 24% reduction in risk for recurrent stroke or myocardial infarction compared to placebo.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics of Headache Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Obesity and Alzheimer Disease: Exploring Risk Modification
- Increased Amyloid Burden With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Vigabatrin Beneficial for Focal Seizures in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
- Number of Americans With Alzheimer Disease Expected to More Than Double by 2060
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease