Latest from ISC 2016
The novel treatment did not meet primary endpoints, however it did reduce hospitalization, adverse outcomes, and death.
Women with pregnancy at an advanced age had significantly higher rates of ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, myocardial infarction, and cardiovascular death.
Patients of advanced age, black race, and with comorbidities have a higher risk of post-stroke GIBO.
The average annual cost for providing care to a stroke survivor was $11,300.
REVERSE-AD is an ongoing phase 3 cohort study evaluating the reversal effects of idarucizumab on dabigatran.
Treatment with IV tPA appeared safe and feasible with stroke onset confirmation from MRI.
Improvements in Rankin Scale score, Stroke Impact Scale-16, and Montreal Cognitive Assessment were observed in the treatment group.
Some strokes attributable to large-artery atherosclerosis are not being recognized as such because of <50% stenosis.
Those who slept more than 8 hours had a 146% greater risk of stroke.
Patients taking pioglitazone saw a 24% reduction in risk for recurrent stroke or myocardial infarction compared to placebo.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans
- Alcohol Exposure Via Breastmilk May Affect Infant Development