International Stroke Conference 2015
An analysis showed that more hospitals are using endovascular therapy with improved outcomes from 2003 to 2013.
Those who received local anesthesia had better functional outcomes in the landmark trial.
The differences between groups in the primary and secondary endpoints did not significantly differ.
Even without the presence of atrial fibrillation, left atrial abnormalities increase the risk of vascular brain injury.
TNK-tPA is safe and effective as a treatment for minor stroke with intracranial occlusion.
The link is mainly due to the blood of cancer patients, which tends to clot more often.
Dehydration in stroke can lead to hemoconcentration and vascular sludging.
Forced exercise was particularly effective in improving motor function and quality of life.
Both parents and children exhibited criteria of PTSD and significant levels of anxiety.
Patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhage and intraventricular hemorrhage experience poor outcomes.
Optic ultrasound is a fast and easy, noninvasive way to measure intracranial pressure.
Two studies showed a greater risk of driving impairment after stroke and aneurysm.
Single small subcortical infarction patients with localized atherosclerotic pathologies have a higher risk of early neurological deterioration.
The new recommended levels could have a particularly negative effect on Hispanics and non-Hispanic blacks.
Mobile stroke units allow for an average 30- to 40-minute time savings to administering IV tPA.
Researchers recommend monitoring vitamin D levels in patients with high vascular risk burden.
HydroCoils reduced the rate of recurrence compared to bare platinum coil.
The trial was stopped early for efficacy.
The use of the clot retriever device with IV tPA improved survival and independence rates.
The Midwest was the most common location for drip and ship hospitals.
In post-stroke patients, depression and fatigue are independently linked to sleep disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Erenumab for Episodic Migraine: A Closer Look at the Data
- Shortcomings in ALS Research: Strategies for Improvement
- Factors Predictive of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Healthy Individuals
- Comparing Reference Points for Deep Brain Stimulation Location in Parkinson Disease
- Arimoclomol Shows Promise for Treating Rapidly Progressive SOD1 ALS
- CNS Abnormalities Common in Erdheim-Chester Disease
- Trial of Verubecestat for Prodromal Alzheimer Disease Discontinued
- Ischemic Stroke, Myocardial Infarction Both Tied to Lipoproteins, Lipids
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH