Although renal cysts are generally thought of as benign findings, this study points to a possible higher stroke risk in patients with multiple cysts.
Under the new ischemic stroke guidelines, the treatment window for thrombectomy has been expanded to up to 24 hours after symptom onset.
Fixed-dose candesartan plus hydrochlorothiazide and rosuvstatin reduced first stroke in patients at intermediate risk for cardiovascular disease.
In this population-based study, researchers found that Mexican Americans had a greater risk for recurrent stroke and death than non-Hispanic whites.
Researchers have observed an upward trend in the incidence of pregnancy-related spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans