Lewy Body Dementia
Increasing severity of AD pathology inversely correlated to decreases in time from motor symptoms to dementia onset and death.
Patients with mild cognitive impairment with preserved hippocampal volume are at increased risk for dementia with Lewy bodies vs Alzheimer disease.
According to a 2010 report based on a survey of caregivers of people with DLB, 78% of cases were initially misdiagnosed.
OCT can precisely measure changes to the retinal structure.
Over 60% of people with Parkinson's disease will have REM sleep behavior disorder, endangering them and their partners during the night.
Monoclonal antibodies targeting tau and beta amyloid in Alzheimer's disease may also benefit other neurodegenerative diseases.
The results suggest that specific Alzheimer's therapies may need to be developed to address differences in pathology.
Williams' suicide emphasizes the importance of support for patients with Lewy Body Dementia and their families.
A coroner's report documenting the death of actor Robin Williams revealed that he had Lewy body dementia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- No Difference in Neurodevelopment in Children Conceived by Assisted Reproduction
- Case Report: Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Prompt Severe CNS Disease
- Treating Pain in Depression May Help Improve Cognition
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 1/19/17
- FDA Warns of Implantable Infusion Pumps in MRI