Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridostigmine bromide 60mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MESTINON:
Usually: 600mg daily in divided doses.
Intestinal or urinary obstruction.
Bronchial asthma. Monitor for cholinergic and myasthenic crisis, differentiate and treat (see literature). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Reversal of nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Antagonized by atropine.
GI upset, increased salivation and bronchial secretions, miosis and diaphoresis, muscle cramps, fasciculation and weakness.
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—pt; Timespan—100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Expanded Treatment Window for Clot Retrieval Device in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Genetic and Imaging Markers in Migraine: Ready for Prime Time?
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage-Related Hospital Mortality Reduced With Prior NOAC Use
- Resting Tremor Most Common in Early Parkinson Disease
- Erenumab for Episodic Migraine: A Closer Look at the Data
- Updated Ischemic Stroke Guidelines: Expert Takeaways
- Alternative Genetic Risk Variant for Alzheimer Disease Identified
- Advance Directives for Dementia: Honoring Patient Wishes When You Don't Know What They Are
- Ethical Considerations in New Coma Research
- Poor Sleep Associated With Worse PTSD, Chronic Pain in Youth
- Shortcomings in ALS Research: Strategies for Improvement
- Treatments Vary in Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Premature Dementia Risk Increased in Those With Heart Defects
- Are Casual Observers Able to Accurately Localize Areas of Facial Paralysis?
- Adolescents With Chronic Headache May Benefit From Targeted Group Education