Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridostigmine bromide 60mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MESTINON:
Usually: 600mg daily in divided doses.
Intestinal or urinary obstruction.
Bronchial asthma. Monitor for cholinergic and myasthenic crisis, differentiate and treat (see literature). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Reversal of nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Antagonized by atropine.
GI upset, increased salivation and bronchial secretions, miosis and diaphoresis, muscle cramps, fasciculation and weakness.
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—pt; Timespan—100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics of Headache Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Language Deficits and EEG Changes Predict Conversion From MCI to Alzheimer Disease
- Obesity and Alzheimer Disease: Exploring Risk Modification
- Increased Amyloid Burden With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Vigabatrin Beneficial for Focal Seizures in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
- Number of Americans With Alzheimer Disease Expected to More Than Double by 2060
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease