Doctors suggest that urban landscapes may be a cause for headaches.
Although decreased blood flow velocity correlates with arterial dilatation, studies using transcranial Doppler ultrasound to evaluate intracranial vasodilatation during migraine report conflicting results.
Symptoms associated with central sensitization are common in children and adolescents with migraine.
A growing body of research indicates a number of shared features between chronic migraine and temporomandibular disorders.
Telemedicine offers a convenient alternative for nonacute headache patients, researchers say.
This is the first study to evaluate the association between rs4343 polymorphism and susceptibility to migraine.
In chronic migraine and medication overuse, those who frequently relapse into overuse after withdrawal have a worse clinical and psychological profile than patients who relapse less frequently.
Intracranial atherosclerosis was lower in patients with migraine compared with those without migraine.
In a group undergoing either blepharoplasty or ptosis repair, patients who underwent ptosis repair saw greater improvement in headache symptoms.
The difference in response in the ropivicaine and saline groups was insignificant, suggesting a placebo effect.
The extent of patients' pain showed significant associations with age and burden of the headache.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Traumatic Brain Injury May Increase Later Risk of Dementia