Nearly 10% of pediatric patients with migraine also experience various episodic syndromes. Drs Amy Gelfand and Diana Lebron weigh in on what to look for to help you achieve the right diagnosis.
The current costs of medical grade oxygen for treating cluster headache are not "prohibitively expensive."
The FDA's clearance was based on review of the post-marketing ESPOUSE Study that included 132 patients with migraine.
Several CIM methods bring value and their integration into a headache management plan in the clinical setting empowers patients' healing process.
There are nearly as many migraine patients receiving opioids as there are patients receiving level A abortive medications.
Future predictive models may need to include other migraine risk factors to enhance predictive accuracy.
The study group concluded that the current recommendation for CSF pressure reduction therapy to relieve headaches attributed to IIH should be removed from the International Classification of Headache Disorders 3b criteria.
Depression, anxiety, and poor sleep quality are associated with subjective cognitive decline in patients with migraine.
The migraines were not likely associated with acute altitude syndrome, as the participants were conditioned to living in the low-oxygen environment.
Pretreatment with acetaminophen reduced the incidence and severity of headaches associated with electroconvulsive therapy.
There were positive results from a phase 3 trial (SPARTAN) of the first-in-class drug lasmiditan for the acute treatment of migraine.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines