Future research should focus on whether cogniphobia can be a modifiable factor in the treatment of patients with migraine.
Remote electrical stimulation appears to have similar efficacy to standard drug treatments, including triptans.
Although it requires further validation, copeptin may serve as a novel biomarker to help rule out serious secondary headache.
Up to 20% of stroke cases in young adults occur in those with cervical artery dissection, the leading cause of stroke in this population.
Improvements in migraine pain were reported in as little as 10 minutes after the nerve block.
Patients with chronic migraine and comorbidities incur nearly 2 times the health care costs incurred by patients with migraine alone.
A larger percentage of participants receiving CBT plus amitriptyline reached a 50% reduction in migraine frequency during treatment compared with HE plus amitriptyline.
A significant decrease in migraine frequency was observed, but it is not clear how large a role placebo effect plays in treatment response.
Persistent asthma was found to be associated with an increased frequency of migraine.
Migraine in pregnancy may warrant early referral to a neurologist and more intensive surveillance as a result of increased adverse birth events.
The use of combined hormonal contraceptives significantly increases the risk of ischemic stroke in women with migraine with aura but not in women with migraine without aura.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Self-Controlled Electric Stimulation a Good Alternative to Drug Therapy for Migraine
- Elevated Copeptin Levels in Acute Headache May Signify More Serious Etiology
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- Neural Targeting Spinal Cord Stimulation Superior for Axial Low Back Pain
- DHA Supplementation Has No Impact on IQ in Offspring
- Safinamide Approved as Adjunctive Therapy for Parkinson's
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- Depression, Schizophrenia Identified With Objective Blood Biomarker
- Autoimmune Disease Hospitalization Linked to Future Dementia Risk