Migraine And Headache
The location of migraine pain may not be associated with psychiatric distress, emergency department visits, or healthcare use.
Mayne Pharma Group announced the availability of Butalbital/Acetaminophen 50mg/300mg Capsules indicated for the relief of the symptom of complex tension headache.
GammaCore Sapphire, a new non-invasive hand-held device for migraine and episodic cluster headache treatment, has been made available by electroCore.
The investigators sought to evaluate whether early-life traumatic experiences, stressful life events, and alexithymia are associated with chronic migraine and medication overuse headache.
The risk of cochlear disorders, especially tinnitus, is increased among patients with a history of migraine.
The investigators sought to evaluate the efficacy and safety of mindfulness-based stress reduction and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in the reduction of the symptoms associated with chronic headaches.
Two-thirds of parents report that their child has had a headache not related to a fall or head injury.
White Matter Hyperintensities Demonstrate Specific Spatiotemporal Evolution in Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction SyndromeJuly 18, 2018
The characteristics of white matter hyperintensities were assessed to provide information on the underlying mechanisms of these lesions in individuals with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
Teva has decided to discontinue part of the ENFORCE Phase 3 clinical development program for fremanezumab.
The antiepileptic drug levetiracetam may represent an effective prophylactic treatment option for episodic migraine.
For patients with episodic migraine, galcanezumab is better than placebo for reducing migraine headache days.
For patients with episodic migraine, fremanezumab is associated with a reduction in the mean number of monthly migraine days.
Fremanezumab slightly decreased the amount of headache free days in those with episodic migraines compared to placebo.
The episodic cluster headache trial included a total of 106 patients with an average of 17.5 cluster headache attacks per week at baseline.
Compared to placebo, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) were associated with a significantly higher risk of headache (risk ratio [RR] 1.06, 95% CI: 1.00 to 1.13; P =.045).
Allergan announced results from the second Phase 3 trial for their novel acute migraine treatment, ubrogepant.
Individuals with chronic vs episodic migraine may be more likely to experience chronic back pain, chronic pain, neck pain, anxiety, and depression.
Researchers conducted a randomized, double-blond, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial to assess the use of a new zolmitriptan intracutaneous delivery system in adults with migraine headache.
Researchers assessed the ability of erenumab to decrease the mean number of acute headache days in patients with episodic migraine.
Researchers deployed a survey to determine the extent of pain, psychiatric, endocrine, and neurologic comorbidities in patients with chronic or episodic migraine.
Eptinezumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody specific to calcitonin gene-related peptide, may be an effective prophylactic for individuals with frequent episodic migraines.
The authors note that this appears to be the first case of RCVS secondary to pepper or cayenne ingestion.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation device is safe and easy to use.
DFN-02 was evaluated in a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study (N=107) which showed it was effective in treating pain and associated symptoms during a migraine attack and in reducing attack-related functional disability.
Sumavel DosePro for the treatment of migraine or cluster headache has been discontinued.
For individuals with migraine frequency of 4 to 14 episodes per month, prophylactic medications and analgesics are required.
Allergan has reported positive results from the first of 2 Phase 3 trials for ubrogepant for the treatment of migraine.
The FDA has granted GammaCore 510(k) expanded clearance to treat migraine related pain.
Amgen announced that erenumab met its primary endpoint in reducing monthly migraine days.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Angelman Syndrome Treatment
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Clinical, Radiologic Markers Predictive of Cortical Superficial Siderosis in ICH Identified
- Migraine Pain Location May Not Have Clinical Implications