Movement Disorders Headlines
β-2 adrenergic agonists might be able to fight Parkinson's disease.
Patients with postural instability and gait disturbances had worse sleep scores than those with tremor-dominant Parkinson's.
Given the prevalence of depression in Parkinson's disease and the effectiveness of antidepressants, health care providers should promote adherence in clinical practice.
Enrollment of patients with only early Parkinson's disease in this trial prevents generalization of the study's findings across the entire Parkinson's population.
Patients with both Parkinson's and rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder were much more likely to experience mild cognitive impairment.
Patients taking levodopa therapy may experience neuropsychiatric fluctuations characterized by changes in mood, motivation, and anxiety while in ON and OFF states of drug therapy.
For patient's with Parkinson's disease, virtual house calls from neurologists may be of interest.
Incidence of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, akathisia, and parkinsonism was higher in the ID group.
Austedo was previously approved for the treatment of chorea in Huntington's disease.
In a disease where there have been few therapeutic developments since dopamine, exenatide offers a promising new channel of exploration.
Gocovri is the first treatment for dyskinesia approved for patients with Parkinson's disease who are receiving levodopa therapy.
Patients with the highest predictive scores faced a greater risk of developing cognitive impairment and dementia in the first 10 years after disease onset.
Cyclobenzaprine HCl may potentially lead to life-threatening serotonin syndrome when the drug is taken in combination with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Despite promising results in earlier studies, researchers found no benefit for creatine in patients with early Huntington's disease.
There is a higher risk of death from Parkinson's disease or ALS in white collar workers.
People who experience changes in vision may be at risk for Parkinson's disease.
There is a 4 times greater risk of developing melanoma in Parkinson's disease, and vice versa.
Xadago tablets have been launched as add-on therapy for Parkinson's disease.
Overnight treatment conversion from tetrabenazine to deutetrabenazine in patients with HD was found to be safe.
Dopamine deficiency, decreases in cortical thickness and volume in certain areas of the brain was predictive of cognitive decline.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines