Comorbid psychological conditions affect cognitive function in Parkinson's disease, and treatment can be complicated by overlapping symptoms.
While their are other factors more strongly associated with risk of cerebral palsy, maternal obesity is modifiable and therefore should be studied further.
The small study documented several cases of denervation and increased thermal thresholds in patients treated with LCIG.
Smoking during pregnancy has been linked withlong-term neurodevelopmental abnormalities and child behavioral problems.
Patients in the treatment group experienced significant improvements at 3 months and through 12 months.
Patients experienced a 50% improvement in tremor and motor function.
The authors are primarily concerned with the overlap of therapies being used in these patients.
OCT can precisely measure changes to the retinal structure.
Using whole-exome sequencing, researchers identified 2 genes with potentially damaging genetic variants that could affect familial Parkinson's susceptibility.
There is currently no objective test for Parkinson's disease.
Levels of GABA increase during adolescence, helping to lessen the frequency and severity of tics.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- In Refractory Status Epilepticus, Lacosamide May Be a Good Option
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 3/23/17
- Q&A: Strategies for Transitioning Pediatric Patients to Adult Care
- Epilepsy Risk May Increase After Incident Depression
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Coping Program Does Not Increase Health Care Costs
- Valproate for Epilepsy Poses Greater Risk for Major Congenital Malformations
- VTE Recurrence Decreased With Rivaroxaban