The Parkinson's Foundation Prevalence Project estimates that within the next 2 years, 930,000 people in the United States will be living with the condition; that number is anticipated to rise to 1.2 million by 2030.
Rasagiline was associated with a significant effect on survival within 6 months of treatment in an exploratory analysis.
Mutations in the LRP10 gene appear to be common in patients with inherited α-synucleinopathies.
Investigators sought to determine whether patients with moderate to advanced Parkinson disease have impaired glucose levels during an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test.
Investigators developed and evaluated a targeted sequencing approach using a panel of genes involved in movement disorders.
Children with a complex motor disorder, characterized by a combination of movement and posture abnormalities (eg, spasticity and dystonia), were enrolled.
Meige syndrome is a craniofacial dystonia characterized by involuntary muscle contractions of the jaw and around the eyes.
Across the entire cohort, the predominant motor types featured were 70% spastic, 22% dyskinetic (21% dystonic and 1% choreoathetotic), 6% hypotonic, and 2% ataxic.
Researchers collected and analyzed data on age at onset, sex, family history of dystonia, and the presence of associated anatomic sites with dystonia.
Investigators sought to determine if the ECAS diagnostic screening tool is sufficiently sensitive to distinguish between progressive supranuclear palsy and Parkinson disease.
Study investigators enrolled a total of 37 patients with PD who had participated in a larger prospective, controlled exercise study.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- High Treatment Adherence and Quality of Life Observed With Fingolimod
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Early Treatment Failure More Likely With Carbamazepine vs Lamotrigine in Epilepsy
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Concurrent Non-Motor Functions Strongly Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Feeling Young May Be Reflected in Brain Structure