Comorbid psychological conditions affect cognitive function in Parkinson's disease, and treatment can be complicated by overlapping symptoms.
The small study documented several cases of denervation and increased thermal thresholds in patients treated with LCIG.
Smoking during pregnancy has been linked withlong-term neurodevelopmental abnormalities and child behavioral problems.
Patients in the treatment group experienced significant improvements at 3 months and through 12 months.
Patients experienced a 50% improvement in tremor and motor function.
The authors are primarily concerned with the overlap of therapies being used in these patients.
OCT can precisely measure changes to the retinal structure.
Using whole-exome sequencing, researchers identified 2 genes with potentially damaging genetic variants that could affect familial Parkinson's susceptibility.
There is currently no objective test for Parkinson's disease.
Levels of GABA increase during adolescence, helping to lessen the frequency and severity of tics.
Causes other than asphyxia account for most cases of cerebral palsy in near-term infants.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- In Stroke, No Clear Benefit for Head Positioning