These are the top 10 medical innovations expected to be seen in 2018.
The findings may help to better characterize normative development and altered patterns of brain activity that may serve as biomarkers for neurological conditions.
The CDC has updated the US national estimate of epilepsy prevalence and estimates 3.4 million people are affected by epilepsy.
Ketamine was found to alleviate a number of pain-related conditions, and a number of clinical trials investigating its efficacy are ongoing.
Jessica Karl, PA-C, of Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, discusses her research on the utility and feasibility of deep brain stimulation in patients with Huntington's disease. Scroll below the video for the full transcript.
Jaime Hatcher-Martin, MD, PhD, a movement disorders specialist at Emory University Hospital and the founder of Emory's movement disorders telemedicine clinic, shares her personal experience with telemedicine and provides some guidance for clinicians who might be interested in exploring this treatment option to improve their patients' access to care. Scroll below the video to read the full transcript.
Kara Smith, MD, a movement disorders specialist at UMass Memorial Medical Center and an assistant professor at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, both in Worcester, discusses how a brief free speech sample might be used to calculate a patient's cognitive and motor scores. Scroll below the video to read the full transcript.
Joohi Jimenez-Shahed, MD, discusses her research on the use of deutetrabenazine for the treatment of tardive dyskinesia in patients taking concomitant antipsychotics or neuroleptics. Scroll below the video for the full transcript.
Jori Fleisher, MD, MSCE, of New York University School of Medicine, discusses her research on an interdisciplinary home visit program for patients with advanced Parkinson's disease. Scroll below the video for the full transcript.
New research from the American Heart and American Stroke Associations found that many Americans don't know the symptoms of stroke.
Experts have turned their focus toward the potential role of the nervous system in migraine pathophysiology, as it is more ...
Our understanding of Alzheimer's dementia is fluid.
Review a collection of clinical images and learn how to discern some of the most common and rare MS mimics ...
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Updated Ischemic Stroke Guidelines: Expert Takeaways
- Alternative Genetic Risk Variant for Alzheimer Disease Identified
- Advance Directives for Dementia: Honoring Patient Wishes When You Don't Know What They Are
- Ethical Considerations in New Coma Research
- Poor Sleep Associated With Worse PTSD, Chronic Pain in Youth
- Comparing Reference Points for Deep Brain Stimulation Location in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Approves Clinical Decision Support Tool for Stroke
- US Will Produce Radioisotope for MRI, FDA Says
- Cognitive Decline in Men Linked to Low Serum Sodium
- Solanezumab Every 4 Weeks Does Not Significantly Affect Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease