Multiple Sclerosis Headlines
Increased fat intake is associated with a higher risk of relapse for children with multiple sclerosis.
In patients who underwent tDCS, there were significant reductions in fatigue associated with multiple sclerosis.
The mechanism by which glatiramer acetate exerts its therapeutic effect in MS is unknown, however it is thought to act by modifying immune processes.
Public health campaigns to raise awareness of the risks of vitamin D deficiency may help reduce the incidence of MS.
Using the inter-eye percentage difference may help surpass limitations associated with device and proprietary segmentation algorithms.
Previous research suggests a possible role for sodium intake in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis.
Concussion during adolescence increases multiple sclerosis diagnosis risk.
Researchers assessed annualized relapse rate, confirmed disability worsening, confirmed disability improvement, brain volume loss, and adverse events.
It is important to consider long-term risks and outcomes when choosing an appropriate therapy for multiple sclerosis.
The progression of multiple sclerosis may be slowed by progressive resistance training.
The study set out to evaluate the potential drug-drug interaction between DMF and oral contraceptives.
The update focused on diagnosis of neuropathic pain in patients with spinal cord injury, stroke, or multiple sclerosis.
The study reconfirmed the positive effects of exercise on fatigue in multiple sclerosis.
Previous research has shown a reduced risk for multiple sclerosis and relapse during pregnancy.
Shared decision-making includes engaging patients, comparing treatments, and assessing patient values.
"[This drug] is so inexpensive that it can be prescribed immediately with no insurance issues and is affordable for many who have no insurance," Dr Metz said.
A variant in TNFSF13B, encoding the cytokine and drug target B-cell activating factor (BAFF), was associated with both multiple sclerosis and SLE.
Fifteen different classes of transcripts detected 4 circulating exosomal sequences within the miRNA category that were differentially expressed.
Over a 5-year follow-up, there was no correlation between 24-hour urine sodium levels and conversion to clinically definite MS.
Communication with a pharmacist may help improve treatment adherence in multiple sclerosis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Series: New Chronic Headache Subtype Uncovered
- Parkinsonism Diagnosis Linked to Cognitive Deficits
- Dose "Ceiling" May Exist for Epilepsy Treated With Lamotrigine
- ENCHANTED Update: No Role for Low-Dose Alteplase After All?
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Progression Associated With Changes in Immune Status
- Migraine and Gastrointestinal Disorders: Elucidating an Association
- Alzheimer's Disease Risk Similar in Women and Men With APOE ε3/ε4 Genotype
- Multiple Sclerosis Risk Significantly Associated With Vitamin D Deficiency
- FDA Approves Device for Tx of Chronic Pain
- FDA Approves Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Treatment