A proper MS diagnosis can only be made after obtaining imaging from the entire brain and understanding the clinical context.
It is important to consider long-term risks and outcomes when choosing an appropriate therapy for multiple sclerosis.
The progression of multiple sclerosis may be slowed by progressive resistance training.
The study set out to evaluate the potential drug-drug interaction between DMF and oral contraceptives.
The update focused on diagnosis of neuropathic pain in patients with spinal cord injury, stroke, or multiple sclerosis.
The study reconfirmed the positive effects of exercise on fatigue in multiple sclerosis.
Previous research has shown a reduced risk for multiple sclerosis and relapse during pregnancy.
Shared decision-making includes engaging patients, comparing treatments, and assessing patient values.
"[This drug] is so inexpensive that it can be prescribed immediately with no insurance issues and is affordable for many who have no insurance," Dr Metz said.
A variant in TNFSF13B, encoding the cytokine and drug target B-cell activating factor (BAFF), was associated with both multiple sclerosis and SLE.
Fifteen different classes of transcripts detected 4 circulating exosomal sequences within the miRNA category that were differentially expressed.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines