Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
A panel of clinicians from different pediatric fields have developed new guidelines for the treatment of PANS.
Youth who have bipolar disorder are not affected by a decline in cognitive function into adulthood.
Escitalopram may be better for the treatment of depression than tDCS.
The longer women are exposed to estrogen during reproductive years, the less likely they are to be depressed.
Patients who take medication for ADHD may have a lower risk of developing a substance abuse disorder.
Poor adherence to antipsychotic treatment in schizophrenia may be attributable to socially negative representations of schizophrenia.
Overall, depression affects significantly more women than men.
Patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and psychotic bipolar disorder were examined for anticholinergic burden.
Prescriptions for benzodiazepine lasting 2-3 months or more and marked dose increases should be avoided.
NMDA receptor signaling is increased in patients with depression and reduced in those with schizophrenia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines