Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
Varenicline and bupropion pose a lower risk of serious mental health side effects than was previously thought.
PRS presents a good tool to measure genetic loading of ADHD variants, suggesting which cases are most likely to persist.
Time spent on mobile phones and social media may contribute to the rise in depression.
The risk is especially high in teens.
HIV-infected adults with major depressive disorder have a 30% increased risk for acute myocardial infarction.
DNA methylation may occur as a result of poor nutrition during pregnancy.
Direct comparison of white matter tracts in schizophrenia or bipolar disorder have previously not been performed.
No similar association was seen in mothers who used acetaminophen after delivery, nor with paternal use.
The calculator is available freely online for use by clinicians.
Many of the sites are known to be associated with brain development.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- No Difference in Neurodevelopment in Children Conceived by Assisted Reproduction
- Case Report: Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Prompt Severe CNS Disease
- Treating Pain in Depression May Help Improve Cognition
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 1/19/17
- FDA Warns of Implantable Infusion Pumps in MRI