Depression is one of the most commonly reported complications resulting from stroke.
There is a modest, but statistically significant, association between higher frequency of digital media use and subsequent symptoms of ADHD among adolescents.
From 2000 through 2011 there was an increase in pediatric ADHD medication exposures reported to US poison control centers.
Lundbeck announced that the FDA has approved a sNDA for Trintellix to include data regarding improved processing speed.
Reductions in bilateral frontal, parietal, and temporal lobe gray matter volumes found in ADHD.
Adolescent females at high familial risk of depression who do not go on to develop depression have compensatory functional connectivity patterns in emotion regulatory networks.
Use of HIRREM, a closed-loop, allostatic, acoustic, stimulation neurotechnology can reduce PTSD symptoms, insomnia and depression in veterans.
For adults with bipolar depression, tDCS seems to be safe and effective as an add-on intervention.
No overall difference in terms of total brain volume or total gray and white matter volume for children with ADHD and control subjects was observed.
Nonoptimal infant neuromotor development was linked to genetic risk for schizophrenia, but not bipolar disorder.
Brexanolone was well tolerated among study participants.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd