Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
Nearly half of seniors taking these drug combinations didn't have a formal diagnosis of a mental health condition, insomnia, or pain condition.
Children with medium to low adherence to the diet had a 3 to 7 times greater risk of ADHD.
Varenicline and bupropion pose a lower risk of serious mental health side effects than was previously thought.
PRS presents a good tool to measure genetic loading of ADHD variants, suggesting which cases are most likely to persist.
Time spent on mobile phones and social media may contribute to the rise in depression.
The risk is especially high in teens.
HIV-infected adults with major depressive disorder have a 30% increased risk for acute myocardial infarction.
DNA methylation may occur as a result of poor nutrition during pregnancy.
Direct comparison of white matter tracts in schizophrenia or bipolar disorder have previously not been performed.
No similar association was seen in mothers who used acetaminophen after delivery, nor with paternal use.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- In Stroke, No Clear Benefit for Head Positioning