Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
Prescriptions for benzodiazepine lasting 2-3 months or more and marked dose increases should be avoided.
NMDA receptor signaling is increased in patients with depression and reduced in those with schizophrenia.
Significant differences in volume were apparent in the amygdala, caudate, hippocampus, and putamen.
Self-guided iCBT was more effective for depressive symptom severity and treatment response.
Among older adults with subthreshold depression, collaborative care was linked to a decrease in PHQ-9 scores.
Nearly half of seniors taking these drug combinations didn't have a formal diagnosis of a mental health condition, insomnia, or pain condition.
Children with medium to low adherence to the diet had a 3 to 7 times greater risk of ADHD.
Varenicline and bupropion pose a lower risk of serious mental health side effects than was previously thought.
PRS presents a good tool to measure genetic loading of ADHD variants, suggesting which cases are most likely to persist.
Time spent on mobile phones and social media may contribute to the rise in depression.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- In Refractory Status Epilepticus, Lacosamide May Be a Good Option
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 3/23/17
- Q&A: Strategies for Transitioning Pediatric Patients to Adult Care
- Epilepsy Risk May Increase After Incident Depression
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Coping Program Does Not Increase Health Care Costs
- Valproate for Epilepsy Poses Greater Risk for Major Congenital Malformations
- VTE Recurrence Decreased With Rivaroxaban