Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
Poor adherence to antipsychotic treatment in schizophrenia may be attributable to socially negative representations of schizophrenia.
Overall, depression affects significantly more women than men.
Patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and psychotic bipolar disorder were examined for anticholinergic burden.
Prescriptions for benzodiazepine lasting 2-3 months or more and marked dose increases should be avoided.
NMDA receptor signaling is increased in patients with depression and reduced in those with schizophrenia.
Significant differences in volume were apparent in the amygdala, caudate, hippocampus, and putamen.
Self-guided iCBT was more effective for depressive symptom severity and treatment response.
Among older adults with subthreshold depression, collaborative care was linked to a decrease in PHQ-9 scores.
Nearly half of seniors taking these drug combinations didn't have a formal diagnosis of a mental health condition, insomnia, or pain condition.
Children with medium to low adherence to the diet had a 3 to 7 times greater risk of ADHD.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion