Thiamine, a simple supplement that helps reverse Wernicke syndrome, is often underused and misused.
Patients reported significant cognitive difficulties from pre-chemotherapy to post-chemotherapy and from pre-chemotherapy to 6-month follow-up.
Patients with dysglycemia have more brain infarcts and white matter hyperintensities and a lower total white matter volume.
Those with previous cognitive impairment saw a more pronounced improvement.
The effect of antihypertensive drugs and stains on cognition is uncertain.
In patients with suspected coronary heart disease, mild cognitive impairment was common.
Studying cognition deficits during the clinical high risk period allows researchers to look at changes in the near psychotic state before chronicity and long-term medication use obscure the core deficits.
There were significantly lower levels of anxiety/depression and fatigue noted in the intervention group.
Future studies should explore ways to increase ongoing exercise adherence among participants
Ghrelin was a significant predictor for executive function impairment in patients with T2DM.
Aerobic exercise benefits cognition, but not after high levels of prenatal mercury exposure.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- No Difference in Neurodevelopment in Children Conceived by Assisted Reproduction
- Case Report: Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Prompt Severe CNS Disease
- Treating Pain in Depression May Help Improve Cognition
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 1/19/17
- FDA Warns of Implantable Infusion Pumps in MRI