It is important to consider long-term risks and outcomes when choosing an appropriate therapy for multiple sclerosis.
The progression of multiple sclerosis may be slowed by progressive resistance training.
The study set out to evaluate the potential drug-drug interaction between DMF and oral contraceptives.
Radicava is the first FDA approved treatment for ALS in over 20 years.
There is a higher risk of death from Parkinson's disease or ALS in white collar workers.
The study reconfirmed the positive effects of exercise on fatigue in multiple sclerosis.
Previous research has shown a reduced risk for multiple sclerosis and relapse during pregnancy.
Shared decision-making includes engaging patients, comparing treatments, and assessing patient values.
"[This drug] is so inexpensive that it can be prescribed immediately with no insurance issues and is affordable for many who have no insurance," Dr Metz said.
A variant in TNFSF13B, encoding the cytokine and drug target B-cell activating factor (BAFF), was associated with both multiple sclerosis and SLE.
Fifteen different classes of transcripts detected 4 circulating exosomal sequences within the miRNA category that were differentially expressed.
Over a 5-year follow-up, there was no correlation between 24-hour urine sodium levels and conversion to clinically definite MS.
The post-hoc analysis sought to identify factors predictive of relapse and disability progression in people with MS enrolled in the TRANSFORMS study.
Researchers sought to determine whether treatment with ocrelizumab improved measures of cognitive function better than interferon beta 1-a.
Initial trials of teriflunomide have demonstrated low lymphocyte counts in patients with relapsing forms of MS.
In patients with MS, hand function often correlates with measures of quality of life.
The prevalence of osteoporosis was greater in patients with MS than in matched controls.
Cognitive fatigue and anxiety are common symptoms reported by patients with multiple sclerosis.
Boys with onset of MS during puberty experienced an increased rate of relapse compared with boys with MS onset before or after puberty.
Radicava is the first approved treatment for ALS in over 20 years.
More accurate prediction of ALS prognosis can allow for better planned palliative care.
Longer studies are needed to further evaluate the effect of vitamin D supplementation on cognition in multiple sclerosis.
Increased risk of pediatric multiple sclerosis was observed in patients with prior exposure to EBV, HSV-1, and vitamin D deficiency.
In older patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis, patient-reported fatigue and problems with lower extremities may signal conversion to secondary progressive disease.
More participants achieved clinical NEDA with DMF than placebo over 2 years in the integrated analysis.
The biannual infusion is approved for the treatment of adults with relapsing and progressive forms of multiple sclerosis.
A study aimed to clarify the relationship between anxiety and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Mindfulness meditation was associated with improvements in measures of anxiety, depression, and negative thoughts.
Opicinumab may potentially enhance spontaneous remyelination after acute optic neuritis.
Emflaza is approved for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy regardless of genetic etiology.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines