More powerful MRI helps researchers map brain fiber pathways to better understand diseases like Alzheimer's, autism, MS, and TBI.
MRI may be used to identify Parkinson disease biomarkers that can inform diagnosis, track disease progression, and elucidate the neurobiological underpinnings of symptoms.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
In addition to ultrasonography, MRI improved diagnostic accuracy and had an impact on prognoses in cases of fetal brain abnormalities.
The assessments revealed that damage in the frontal lobes mattered more than damage in other brain locations.
The magnetic resonance environment poses safety risks for patients with implantable infusion pumps.
Functional MRI may provide a less-invasive option for evaluating memory function in patients undergoing epilepsy surgery.
More structured MRI reports may aid in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.
Findings suggest that interactions between beta-amyloid and tau lead to neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's.
The FDA previously investigated the effects of gadolinium deposits in the brain.
The personalized approach to treatment could help prevent trial-and-error periods.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Disease Severity
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease
- Guidelines for Cervical, Ocular Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential Testing: AAN
- Obesity and Alzheimer Disease: Exploring Risk Modification
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Language Deficits and EEG Changes Predict Conversion From MCI to Alzheimer Disease
- Sex Differences in Parkinson Disease: Implications for Diagnosis, Treatment
- Understanding Poststroke Depression: Risk Factors and Treatment
- Value-Based Payment Modifier Program Has Little Effect on Practice Performance
- Growth in Health Care Spending Slowed in 2016
- Paternal Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Use Linked to ADHD in Offspring