Pain Feature Archive
Assessments showed a 66% reduction in pain during the session and a 33% reduction in pain at the end of the session.
Catastrophizing makes pain more painful, makes it last longer, and makes pain much harder to treat.
The new guidelines offer guidance on dosing, including reduced starting and maintenance dosing and safety precautions for diagnosing and treating complications.
New research suggests that fibromyalgia is primarily a peripheral nerve disorder that causes central nervous system sensitization.
Addressing neuropathy early on in prediabetes is essential to successful symptom management.
Lynn Webster, MD, calls out media reports on a new study that claims opioid use during pregnancy may be harmful to infants.
Studies have shown CBT to be as effective as medication and less costly for fibromyalgia treatment.
Developing drugs that selectively block specific sodium channels could be the holy grail of neuropathic pain treatment.
Treating pain in psychiatric patients can be complicated by poor communication and numerous symptoms.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Mirtazapine for Fibromyalgia: An Effective Treatment Option?
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- IV Fluid Specs Do Not Influence Neuro Outcomes in Kids w/DKA
- Acute Insomnia Found to Be Common Among Good Sleepers
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Focal Brain Atrophy Predicts Cognitive Decline in Parkinson Disease After DBS