Pain Feature Archive
The new guidelines offer guidance on dosing, including reduced starting and maintenance dosing and safety precautions for diagnosing and treating complications.
New research suggests that fibromyalgia is primarily a peripheral nerve disorder that causes central nervous system sensitization.
Addressing neuropathy early on in prediabetes is essential to successful symptom management.
Lynn Webster, MD, calls out media reports on a new study that claims opioid use during pregnancy may be harmful to infants.
Studies have shown CBT to be as effective as medication and less costly for fibromyalgia treatment.
Developing drugs that selectively block specific sodium channels could be the holy grail of neuropathic pain treatment.
Treating pain in psychiatric patients can be complicated by poor communication and numerous symptoms.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion