The new guidelines offer guidance on dosing, including reduced starting and maintenance dosing and safety precautions for diagnosing and treating complications.
Reports of pain may indicate a preclinical course of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
The VA and DoD issue a clinical practice guideline regarding opioid therapy for chronic pain in veterans.
Clinically and statistically significant reductions in peripheral neuropathy were seen following neurofeedback.
Spinal cord stimulation using precision approach via 3D neural targeting shows superior efficacy in treating chronic axial low back pain compared with a trial-and-error method to achieve desired paresthesia.
The recommendations promote the use of hot compresses and physical therapy as first-line treatment of low back pain.
New research suggests that opioid addiction may be linked to a genetic variant, and more personalized treatment may help those with the change.
Interventions with clinical massage or guided imagery may help ease pain and anxiety in patients in a progressive care unit.
The abuse of opioids or other substances may cause short-term amnesia.
Patients with successful spinal cord stimulation implants had significantly reduced opioid use 1 year post-implant.
Effectively treating pain may help improve cognitive and functional outcomes in patients with depression.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Vitamin D Deficiency Affects Cognition in Multiple Sclerosis
- Hypothalamus May Play a Central Role in Chronic Migraine
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Advanced Parkinson's Care
- Migraine Attacks Associated With Reduced Dopamine Levels
- Polypharmacy in Schizophrenia May Have Adverse Effect on Cognition
- Alzheimer's Mortality Increasing, But So Is At-Home Care
- Special Diets, Supplements for Autism Not Backed by Solid Evidence
- In MS, Disease Duration, Lesion Load Predict Relapses and Disability Progression
- Ocrelizumab May Improve Cognitive Function in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Teriflunomide for MS Associated With Low Rates of Infection, Lymphopenia