β-2 adrenergic agonists might be able to fight Parkinson's disease.
Patients with postural instability and gait disturbances had worse sleep scores than those with tremor-dominant Parkinson's.
Enrollment of patients with only early Parkinson's disease in this trial prevents generalization of the study's findings across the entire Parkinson's population.
Patients with both Parkinson's and rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder were much more likely to experience mild cognitive impairment.
Patients taking levodopa therapy may experience neuropsychiatric fluctuations characterized by changes in mood, motivation, and anxiety while in ON and OFF states of drug therapy.
For patient's with Parkinson's disease, virtual house calls from neurologists may be of interest.
In a disease where there have been few therapeutic developments since dopamine, exenatide offers a promising new channel of exploration.
Gocovri is the first treatment for dyskinesia approved for patients with Parkinson's disease who are receiving levodopa therapy.
Patients with the highest predictive scores faced a greater risk of developing cognitive impairment and dementia in the first 10 years after disease onset.
Cyclobenzaprine HCl may potentially lead to life-threatening serotonin syndrome when the drug is taken in combination with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Debate continues as to whether ocular tremor represents a clinical marker of Parkinson's disease or a compensatory movement related to other bodily tremors.
People who experience changes in vision may be at risk for Parkinson's disease.
There is a 4 times greater risk of developing melanoma in Parkinson's disease, and vice versa.
Xadago tablets have been launched as add-on therapy for Parkinson's disease.
Previous animal model studies have shown PEA to be beneficial in neuroinflammation and provide neuroprotection.
Transcranial Doppler during head-up tilting may be useful for evaluating dizziness.
People with HBV were 76% more likely and those with HCV were 51% more likely to develop PD than people in the comparison group.
A significant association was found between the apnea-hypopnea index and Epworth Sleepiness Scale scores.
Researchers have developed an assay that accurately identifies small quantities of α-synuclein in cerebrospinal fluid.
There were slower declines in health-related quality of life and mobility when exercise was increased by 30 minutes/week.
The US FDA has approved safinamide as adjunctive therapy in Parkinson's disease to increase "on" time
Improvements in excessive daytime sleepiness and daytime alertness were observed in the bright light therapy group.
Neurofilament light chain, a blood biomarker, demonstrated high accuracy for distinguishing atypical parkinsonian disorders from Parkinson's disease.
Comorbid psychological conditions affect cognitive function in Parkinson's disease, and treatment can be complicated by overlapping symptoms.
New findings suggest that dysregulation of mitochondrial DNA homeostasis may be a key factor in the pathogenesis of neuronal loss in people with Parkinson's disease.
During cognitive co-activation, the levodopa effect was significantly smaller.
The FDA has accepted the NDA for ADS-5102 for the treatment of levodopa-induced dyskinesia (LID) in patients with Parkinson's disease.
A combination of age and clinical scores better predicted cognitive impairment than age alone.
Adjunctive treatment with safinamide helps increase "on" time in patients with Parkinson's disease.
Mutated GCH1 gene was associated with a 23% increased risk of Parkinson's disease, especially in men 50 years or younger.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines