The review found that there is substantial evidence that supports folic acid supplementation during pregnancy.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
With the numbers of cases of NAS rising in recent years, so is the cost associated with caring for the children.
Zika-related birth defects might occur following Zika infection during any trimester of pregnancy.
Previous research has suggested a link between early use of pregabalin in pregnancy and congenital malformations.
Sublingual buprenorphine was associated with shorter duration of treatment and shorter length of hospital stay.
No statistically significant differences between the groups in the distribution of patients without neurodevelopmental impairment were observed.
There was no significant difference in neurodevelopmental status at 2 years for infants with iodide vs placebo.
There was an apparent resurgence of Zika virus and GBS early in 2016, but no subsequent increase in microcephaly.
No between-group differences in measures of language, academic, or executive functioning were observed in those who took DHA during pregnancy and those who did not.
A 10-month-old girl admitted to PICU with sudden onset of movement disorder was found to have ingested a foreign body.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Traumatic Brain Injury May Increase Later Risk of Dementia