The review found that there is substantial evidence that supports folic acid supplementation during pregnancy.
The global prevalence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder is about 7.7 per 1000.
Survival without neuromotor disabilities in preterm infants has increased.
The researchers observed no increased risk of neurosensory impairment among those exposed to neonatal hypoglycemia.
Reduced intelligence may be linked with developmental exposures to polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
There is an increased risk of neonatal drug withdrawal if psychotropic medications and opioids are used during pregnancy.
Animal research may have helped to find a treatment for fetal alcohol spectrum disorder in children.
The risk of intellectual disability among children whose mothers took antidepressants during pregnancy was not statistically significant.
Longer durations and greater depth of cooling did not reduce later mortality and disability.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
With the numbers of cases of NAS rising in recent years, so is the cost associated with caring for the children.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines