Patients who received nusinersen had a greater likelihood of survival compared to those who received sham treatment.
There is an increased risk of neonatal morbidity associated with exposure to ADHD medication in utero.
For adolescents with chronic pain, a combination of different therapies such as CBT and breathing exercises may be beneficial.
Neuraxial anesthetics and analgesics are associated with fewer systemic adverse effects.
Pediatric patients with NDPH experience more sleep disturbances than those with migraine or tension-type headaches.
There are no FDA-approved MS therapies for the pediatric population.
Clinically significant decreases were noted for concomitant medications and oral morphine equivalency.
Infants born at 32-36 weeks gestation from 1978-2008 with infant respiratory distress syndrome were enrolled to evaluate the long term risk of epilepsy.
Although the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder is known to be more common among males than among females in the general population, information on sex-specific recurrence patterns is lacking.
Increased fat intake is associated with a higher risk of relapse for children with multiple sclerosis.
Neurostimulation through percutaneous electrical nerve field stimulation was shown to durably reduce pain in children.
Girls with recurrent headaches in childhood should be monitored closely for the development of headache or migraine in adolescence.
For pediatric patients with TBI, there is no apparent benefit of ICP monitoring for improving functional survival.
Infants under 1 year old who received general anesthesia may have less white matter in their brains.
The global prevalence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder is about 7.7 per 1000.
Survival without neuromotor disabilities in preterm infants has increased.
Rectal diazepam is currently the only FDA-approved treatment for pediatric status epilepticus.
Nearly 10% of pediatric patients with migraine also experience various episodic syndromes. Drs Amy Gelfand and Diana Lebron weigh in on what to look for to help you achieve the right diagnosis.
The researchers observed no increased risk of neurosensory impairment among those exposed to neonatal hypoglycemia.
Reduced intelligence may be linked with developmental exposures to polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
There is an increased risk of neonatal drug withdrawal if psychotropic medications and opioids are used during pregnancy.
Childhood adversity levels are increased in female patients with fibromyalgia and chronic pain.
Investigators have developed guidelines to follow for the use of art therapy in children with autism spectrum disorder.
Nearly 10% of pediatric patients with migraine also experience various episodic syndromes involving gastrointestinal pain, vomiting, or vertigo.
Animal research may have helped to find a treatment for fetal alcohol spectrum disorder in children.
Longer durations and greater depth of cooling did not reduce later mortality and disability.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
Children in the youngest age group consistently reported worse scores on all measures than those in the highest age group.
Symptoms associated with central sensitization are common in children and adolescents with migraine.
With the numbers of cases of NAS rising in recent years, so is the cost associated with caring for the children.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- Prochlorperazine More Effective Than Ketamine for Headache Relief in the Emergency Department
- CTE Confirmed With Antemortem PET Imaging, Autopsy in Professional Football Player
- Intranasal Sumatriptan More Effectively Reduces Migraine-Associated Nausea
- Neuropsychiatric Conditions Common in Relatives of Patients With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Treating Cluster Headache: Weighing Current Therapies
- Alzheimer Disease Linked to High Cumulative Doses of Zolpidem in Elderly
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Better Migraine Pain Relief With IV Non-Opioid Combination vs IV Hydromorphone
- FDA Approves Myasthenia Gravis Treatment
- Reports of Agranulocytosis Prompt Monitoring for Investigational Parkinson's Drug
- Nusinersen Improves Motor Function, Survival in Infants With Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Noninvasive Brain Stimulation System Approved for Depression
- Hypertension Guidelines Updated by AHA/ACA
- Bone Mineral Density Associated With Intracranial Aneurysm Presence, Size