Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) are increasingly taking responsibility for health care management, record-keeping, and payment.
When conveying electronic messages to patients, sensitivity and care should be taken into account.
The researchers found that 36.7% of those in the studies had completed an advance directive, including 29.3% with living wills.
Black and Hispanic patients may receive worse end-of-life care.
Most payer reimbursement decision-makers indicate their organization would reimburse this model.
The importance of home health care services, including skilled care and personal care, is increasing in discharge planning and transitional care.
Race/ethnicity and poverty are more pronounced as risk factors for DAMA in elderly inpatients.
Former pharma reps are educating doctors about costs of meds, encouraging use of generics.
Physicians need to improve information available online, including on HealthGrades, Yelp, and ProPublica.
A tool gauging burnout focuses on the 6 institutional areas of workload, control, rewards, community, fairness, and values.
A nine-point plan to reduce health care costs by 28 percent has been developed.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion