There is not a lot of evidence available for guidelines on electronic communication between patients and providers.
Early supported discharge services may also help care facilities better manage their need for hospital beds and conventional hospital stay costs.
Many patients use online reviews as their first step to finding a new doctor.
Having strategies can help prevent errors in medical practice billing.
Many in the medical field are wondering whether now may be the right time for medical malpractice reform.
Patient engagement is increased when they are able to read visit notes a provide feedback.
Improved patient-physician communication can reduce burnout and improve care.
The changes in price of generic drugs is being influenced by market competition levels.
In 2016, 77% of physician specialties experienced increases in compensation, with an overall weighted average increase of 2.9%.
WHO has updated its Essential Medicines List to include new recommendations for which drugs should be used in common infections and serious conditions.
When conveying electronic messages to patients, sensitivity and care should be taken into account.
The researchers found that 36.7% of those in the studies had completed an advance directive, including 29.3% with living wills.
The FDA will give priority reviews to new generic drugs until there are at least 3 on the market.
Black and Hispanic patients may receive worse end-of-life care.
Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) are increasingly taking responsibility for health care management, record-keeping, and payment.
Most payer reimbursement decision-makers indicate their organization would reimburse this model.
The importance of home health care services, including skilled care and personal care, is increasing in discharge planning and transitional care.
Former pharma reps are educating doctors about costs of meds, encouraging use of generics.
Race/ethnicity and poverty are more pronounced as risk factors for DAMA in elderly inpatients.
Physicians need to improve information available online, including on HealthGrades, Yelp, and ProPublica.
A tool gauging burnout focuses on the 6 institutional areas of workload, control, rewards, community, fairness, and values.
A nine-point plan to reduce health care costs by 28 percent has been developed.
The number of female neurosurgeons in academic leadership positions remains low.
Strategies to save for retirement should be adapted throughout different career stages.
Without access to outpatient care, individuals may face much higher medical costs.
A hostile medical litigation climate is one of the major problems with the existing malpractice insurance system, driving significant losses of access to quality health care.
Reasons for women leaving medical practice may include burnout, pay gap, and difficulty returning after leaving to raise a family.
They also found that market share for brand-name drugs decreased at hospitals with sales restrictions.
The fact sheets are meant to help those already participating in or those considering the Merit-based Incentive Payment System.
E-health-based coagulation service was linked to lower frequency of adverse events, including thromboembolism, bleeding, and death.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Mortality in Parkinson's Disease Linked to Low Antidepressant Adherence
- Age, Gender, and Cognition Predict Weight Loss in Parkinson's Disease
- MRI in Parkinson's Disease: Expanding Usability for Better Diagnostics
- Parkinson's: Sleep Disturbances Affect Clinical Motor Subtypes, Disability
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 9/21/17
- Exenatide Presents Exciting Therapeutic Possibilities for Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Decline Related to Site Specific Mid-Life Adiposity
- Parkinson's, REM Sleep Disorder Combination Linked to Cognitive Decline
- Higher Doses of Pregabalin for Neuropathic Pain: Is it Safe?
- Buccal, Nasal Midazolam Most Cost-Effective for Pediatric Status Epilepticus
- Zika Virus Associated With High Risk for Neurologic Complications in Adults
- Evolocumab Has No Effect on Cognition in Patients Attaining Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Acute Oxygen Therapy for Cluster Headahce Not Prohibitively Expensive
- β-2 Adrenergic Agonists Linked to α-synuclein Transcription and Risk of PD
- Little Evidence to Support Doctor, Patient Electronic Communication Guidelines