Sleep 2017 Coverage
A group of 53 patients were included in an analysis examining the association between hypothyroidism, obesity, and sleep-disordered breathing.
The patient presented with daytime sleepiness persisting since childhood even with 9 hours of sleep
Patients receiving buprenorphine maintenance therapy for their opioid use disorder may have impaired sleep, although they report improvements in both quality and duration of sleep.
Interventions to improve memory in schizophrenia might need to both increase spindle density as well as boost their coordination with NREM oscillations.
The US Food and Drug Administration requested that sodium oxybate be studied in pediatric patients.
Hematocrit levels and presence of erythrocytosis were associated with awake and nocturnal hypoxemia, according to the study.
Shorter sleep duration may increase mortality risks associated with both cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
The clinical impact of positive airway pressure in patients with pulmonary embolism is not well known.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- McDonald Criteria Update: Further Distinction Between Relapsing-Remitting, Primary-Progressive MS
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease
- Induced Hypertension Does Not Improve Outcomes in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Cerebral Ischemia
- Devices for Acute, Preventive Migraine Care Now Available
- Evolocumab FDA Approved for Stroke Prevention in Cardiovascular Disease
- Depression in Parkinson Disease Linked to Impaired White Matter Integrity