Sleep 2017 Coverage
A group of 53 patients were included in an analysis examining the association between hypothyroidism, obesity, and sleep-disordered breathing.
The patient presented with daytime sleepiness persisting since childhood even with 9 hours of sleep
Patients receiving buprenorphine maintenance therapy for their opioid use disorder may have impaired sleep, although they report improvements in both quality and duration of sleep.
Interventions to improve memory in schizophrenia might need to both increase spindle density as well as boost their coordination with NREM oscillations.
The US Food and Drug Administration requested that sodium oxybate be studied in pediatric patients.
Hematocrit levels and presence of erythrocytosis were associated with awake and nocturnal hypoxemia, according to the study.
Shorter sleep duration may increase mortality risks associated with both cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
The clinical impact of positive airway pressure in patients with pulmonary embolism is not well known.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction