A group of 53 patients were included in an analysis examining the association between hypothyroidism, obesity, and sleep-disordered breathing.
The patient presented with daytime sleepiness persisting since childhood even with 9 hours of sleep
Patients receiving buprenorphine maintenance therapy for their opioid use disorder may have impaired sleep, although they report improvements in both quality and duration of sleep.
Interventions to improve memory in schizophrenia might need to both increase spindle density as well as boost their coordination with NREM oscillations.
The US Food and Drug Administration requested that sodium oxybate be studied in pediatric patients.
Hematocrit levels and presence of erythrocytosis were associated with awake and nocturnal hypoxemia, according to the study.
Shorter sleep duration may increase mortality risks associated with both cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
The clinical impact of positive airway pressure in patients with pulmonary embolism is not well known.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Migraine and Gastrointestinal Disorders: Elucidating an Association
- Brain Health in Contact Sports: Putting It All on the Line
- Alzheimer's Disease Risk Similar in Women and Men With APOE ε3/ε4 Genotype
- Non-Invasive Magnetic Device Approved by FDA for Migraine Tx
- FDA Approves Device for Tx of Chronic Pain