Patients with sleep apnea are more likely to use their CPAP after watching themselves struggle with breathing at night.
Obstructive sleep apnea in patients with type 2 diabetes is a predictor for diabetic retinopathy.
Quality of sleep was associated with various aspects of life, especially pain, vitality, and emotional health.
The patient presented with daytime sleepiness persisting since childhood even with 9 hours of sleep
After influenza infection, the risk for narcolepsy was increased by 2- to 3-fold overall.
The guideline contains updated recommendations from previous practice parameters and guidelines published in 2005 and 2007.
Prior research has speculated that PTSD may be caused in part by an underlying REM sleep dysfunction that is amplified by OSA.
Acupressure may help significantly improve sleep quality index scores in the elderly.
A marked improvement in daytime sleepiness was observed in patients who underwent surgical weight loss procedures.
The USPSTF concluded that there is insufficient evidence to assess the reported risks and benefits of OSA screening in asymptomatic adults.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion