Digital CBT is effective in improving functional health, psychological well-being, and sleep-related quality of life in people reporting insomnia.
For high school students, sleeping less than eight hours on an average school night is associated with increased odds of selected unsafe behaviors.
More than one-quarter of older adults newly prescribed benzodiazepine by an non-psychiatric clinician transition to long-term use.
Obstructive sleep apnea is associated with changes to the structure of the brain that are seen in the early stages of dementia.
Acute insomnia is common among good sleepers, and about three-quarters of those with AI recover good sleep.
Insomnia is common in older community-dwelling adults, but usually mild.
CPAP use for obstructive sleep apnea may be associated with improved sexual quality of life.
For this study, researchers identified 23 randomized controlled trials that included a total of 2806 adults with a primary diagnosis of insomnia to examine the relationship between antidepressant use and insomnia treatment.
Primary care management of obstructive sleep apnea is as effective and more cost-effective than in-laboratory diagnosis.
A team of investigators assessed the effect of intravenous administration of methylprednisolone on duration of episodes in adolescent and young adult patients with Kleine-Levin syndrome.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure