After influenza infection, the risk for narcolepsy was increased by 2- to 3-fold overall.
The guideline contains updated recommendations from previous practice parameters and guidelines published in 2005 and 2007.
Prior research has speculated that PTSD may be caused in part by an underlying REM sleep dysfunction that is amplified by OSA.
Acupressure may help significantly improve sleep quality index scores in the elderly.
A marked improvement in daytime sleepiness was observed in patients who underwent surgical weight loss procedures.
The USPSTF concluded that there is insufficient evidence to assess the reported risks and benefits of OSA screening in asymptomatic adults.
Women who were pregnant and slept for less than 6 hours per night or had poor sleep quality had a greater risk of developing gestational diabetes.
The ResMed AirMini is meant to be used as a secondary CPAP device conducive to travel.
Over 56% of SHUTi patients were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings of hyperarousal of the inflammatory system as a mechanism of insulin resistance.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Vitamin D Deficiency Affects Cognition in Multiple Sclerosis
- Telestroke Treatment With IV tPA: How Long Is the Window of Opportunity?
- Hypothalamus May Play a Central Role in Chronic Migraine
- Migraine Attacks Associated With Reduced Dopamine Levels
- Polypharmacy in Schizophrenia May Have Adverse Effect on Cognition
- In MS, Disease Duration, Lesion Load Predict Relapses and Disability Progression
- Ocrelizumab May Improve Cognitive Function in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Teriflunomide for MS Associated With Low Rates of Infection, Lymphopenia
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 5/25/17
- In Multiple Sclerosis, Hand Strength May Indicate Disease Status