Women who were pregnant and slept for less than 6 hours per night or had poor sleep quality had a greater risk of developing gestational diabetes.
The ResMed AirMini is meant to be used as a secondary CPAP device conducive to travel.
Over 56% of SHUTi patients were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings of hyperarousal of the inflammatory system as a mechanism of insulin resistance.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
Reduced REM sleep was correlated with a 23% increased risk of atrial fibrillation, while insomnia was associated with a 29% increased risk.
The researchers graded their findings A, B, or C based on study quality.
Patients with untreated OSA face an increased risk of complications.
Women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms after 10 years of follow-up.
Patients with obstructive sleep apnea have a more difficult time keeping their lane while driving.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- No Difference in Neurodevelopment in Children Conceived by Assisted Reproduction
- Case Report: Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Prompt Severe CNS Disease
- Treating Pain in Depression May Help Improve Cognition
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 1/19/17
- FDA Warns of Implantable Infusion Pumps in MRI