Acupressure may help significantly improve sleep quality index scores in the elderly.
A marked improvement in daytime sleepiness was observed in patients who underwent surgical weight loss procedures.
The USPSTF concluded that there is insufficient evidence to assess the reported risks and benefits of OSA screening in asymptomatic adults.
Women who were pregnant and slept for less than 6 hours per night or had poor sleep quality had a greater risk of developing gestational diabetes.
The ResMed AirMini is meant to be used as a secondary CPAP device conducive to travel.
Over 56% of SHUTi patients were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings of hyperarousal of the inflammatory system as a mechanism of insulin resistance.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
Reduced REM sleep was correlated with a 23% increased risk of atrial fibrillation, while insomnia was associated with a 29% increased risk.
The researchers graded their findings A, B, or C based on study quality.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- In Stroke, No Clear Benefit for Head Positioning