Investigators observed a significant association between atrial fibrillation and increasing oxygen desaturation index.
For high school students, sleeping less than eight hours on an average school night is associated with increased odds of selected unsafe behaviors.
More than one-quarter of older adults newly prescribed benzodiazepine by an non-psychiatric clinician transition to long-term use.
Existing data from the the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) and 3 clinical studies of PwD were used to evaluate the association between Z-drug administration and the incidence of adverse events.
Obstructive sleep apnea is associated with changes to the structure of the brain that are seen in the early stages of dementia.
Acute insomnia is common among good sleepers, and about three-quarters of those with AI recover good sleep.
Insomnia is common in older community-dwelling adults, but usually mild.
For this study, researchers identified 23 randomized controlled trials that included a total of 2806 adults with a primary diagnosis of insomnia to examine the relationship between antidepressant use and insomnia treatment.
Primary care management of obstructive sleep apnea is as effective and more cost-effective than in-laboratory diagnosis.
The assessment of psychiatric symptoms relied on only one question in the MDS-UPDRS, potentially leading to underestimation of these symptoms in this cohort.
Patients in the 2 highest dosing groups saw significant, sustained improvements over the 12-week study.
Neonatal caffeine therapy for apnea of prematurity has no detrimental long-term effects and even improves some neurologic measures.
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) remains the mainstay of medical treatment for OSA.
Comorbid disorders of depression, anxiety, PTSD, and insomnia are all associated with nightmares.
New data for lemborexant, a drug being studied for the treatment of sleep disorders, has been announced.
The FDA has accepted the New Drug Application for solriamfetol for the treatment of sleep disorders.
Male gender, excessive daytime sleepiness, and presence of metabolic syndrome were among the risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea in major depression.
CPAP therapy shows to reduce PTSD symptoms in veterans with PTSD and OSA.
Wearing amber lenses for 2 hours before bedtime is associated with improved sleep, for individuals with insomnia symptoms.
Increased amyloid-β production in adults can lead to disrupted sleep.
Obstructive sleep apnea and intermittent hypoxia may be mechanisms that are associated with marker of increased amyloid burden.
Zolpidem has been associated with memory loss and decline in cognitive function.
Over 33% of older adults have reported using medication to help them sleep.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Treatment Linked to Cognitive Scores in Breast Cancer Survivors