Spinal Muscular Atrophy
The US FDA has approved the first drug for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, a genetic disease that often results in premature death.
Despite the benefits observed, the improvements still do not represent normal muscle function.
The study was the first to model the disease in a large animal with similar physiology to humans.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- In Stroke, No Clear Benefit for Head Positioning