Spinal Muscular Atrophy
The US FDA has approved the first drug for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, a genetic disease that often results in premature death.
Despite the benefits observed, the improvements still do not represent normal muscle function.
The study was the first to model the disease in a large animal with similar physiology to humans.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- No Difference in Neurodevelopment in Children Conceived by Assisted Reproduction
- Case Report: Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Prompt Severe CNS Disease
- Treating Pain in Depression May Help Improve Cognition
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 1/19/17
- FDA Warns of Implantable Infusion Pumps in MRI