Stroke Feature Archive
Although the study did not demonstrate efficacy of glyburide, differences were seen in the amount midline shift at 3-4 days.
Despite 3 large randomized trials and updated guidelines, the question of PFO closure remains a complex entity.
A joint medical and surgical approach may ensure the best outcome.
The idea of low-dose tPA will likely not be abandoned despite recent findings.
Ticagrelor may have an opportunity to shine in patients already on aspirin or clopidogrel.
Patients undergoing cardiac surgery should be evaluated for cardiovascular disease to assess stroke risk.
Interventional stroke treatment continues to rapidly evolve as health care providers implement new protocols to ensure more rapid, successful treatment.
New recommendations for the treatment of acute stroke put emergency physicians and neurology stroke specialists at odds.
Overlapping clinical characteristics between women with migraine and those using contraceptives may indicate an elevated risk of stroke.
The affect of stroke on young adults goes far beyond functional disabilities.
With no established guidelines, much of the decisions for management of hypertension during stroke are based on clinician experience.
The long-awaited results of the MR CLEAN trial are sure to affect the future of acute stroke treatment.
Robotics, stem cell therapy, and computer-controlled interfaces are promising, but cost may slow adoption.
If the UTHealth mobile stroke unit program can show that treating ischemic stroke within 60 minutes is feasible and cost effective, more may start rolling out nationally.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Self-Controlled Electric Stimulation a Good Alternative to Drug Therapy for Migraine
- Elevated Copeptin Levels in Acute Headache May Signify More Serious Etiology
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- Neural Targeting Spinal Cord Stimulation Superior for Axial Low Back Pain
- DHA Supplementation Has No Impact on IQ in Offspring
- Safinamide Approved as Adjunctive Therapy for Parkinson's
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- Depression, Schizophrenia Identified With Objective Blood Biomarker
- Autoimmune Disease Hospitalization Linked to Future Dementia Risk