Stroke Feature Archive
Although the study did not demonstrate efficacy of glyburide, differences were seen in the amount midline shift at 3-4 days.
Despite 3 large randomized trials and updated guidelines, the question of PFO closure remains a complex entity.
A joint medical and surgical approach may ensure the best outcome.
The idea of low-dose tPA will likely not be abandoned despite recent findings.
Ticagrelor may have an opportunity to shine in patients already on aspirin or clopidogrel.
Patients undergoing cardiac surgery should be evaluated for cardiovascular disease to assess stroke risk.
Interventional stroke treatment continues to rapidly evolve as health care providers implement new protocols to ensure more rapid, successful treatment.
New recommendations for the treatment of acute stroke put emergency physicians and neurology stroke specialists at odds.
Overlapping clinical characteristics between women with migraine and those using contraceptives may indicate an elevated risk of stroke.
The affect of stroke on young adults goes far beyond functional disabilities.
With no established guidelines, much of the decisions for management of hypertension during stroke are based on clinician experience.
The long-awaited results of the MR CLEAN trial are sure to affect the future of acute stroke treatment.
Robotics, stem cell therapy, and computer-controlled interfaces are promising, but cost may slow adoption.
If the UTHealth mobile stroke unit program can show that treating ischemic stroke within 60 minutes is feasible and cost effective, more may start rolling out nationally.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Cannabis: Current Evidence and Research Recommendations
- Addressing Gender Differences in Concussion Diagnosis and Treatment
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Stimulation May Help Treat, Prevent Cluster Headache
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Halted With Immunosuppression, Stem Cell Transplant
- Maternal Antiepileptic Use and Risk for Major Congenital Malformations in Offspring
- Persistent Asthma May Increase Migraine Risk in Children
- Updated Guidelines for Treatment of Low Back Pain
- Antiretroviral Therapy May Improve Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in HIV-Infected Infants
- Head Impacts in Soccer Lead to Moderate to Severe CNS Symptoms
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 2/16/17