Brief periods of oxygen deprivation to the brain have been shown to provide neuroprotective effects that reduce stroke infarct size and improve recovery times.
A double-blind study evaluated whether repeated single abobotulinumtoxinA injections administered over a year reduces spastic muscle tone in patients with chronic hemiparesis.
Ablation is associated with reduced risk of recurrent stroke for patients with artrial fibrillation.
After stroke, virtual reality training may be as effective for upper extremity rehabilitation as standard care.
The effects of ischemic stroke on disability trajectories over an extended period of time were examined.
The new guidelines for the diagnostic threshold for stage 1 hypertension were lowered from 140/90 to 130/80.
Patients with the lowest bone mineral density had the largest aneurysm size.
In older adults, lower cardiac index is linked to lower cerebral blood blow in the temporal lobe.
Thrombectomy plus standard care is better for patients with acute stroke.
In addition to known risk factors such as blood pressure, age, and cholesterol, coffee and red meat intake were important predictors of heart failure and stroke.
Patients at risk of stroke may benefit from the total homocysteine-lowering effects of folic acid supplementation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Brainstem Damage in Epilepsy May Be Biomarker for Increased SUDEP Risk
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Initial Treatment With Ethosuximide Improves Behavioral Outcomes in Childhood Absence Epilepsy
- Bivacizumab Wins Full FDA Approval for Glioblastoma Treatment
- Men With Parkinson Disease More Likely to Have Caregiver
- Diet Linked to Multiple Sclerosis Disability, Diseases Severity
- Single AbobotulinumtoxinA Injections Safely Reduces Muscle Tone in Chronic Hemiparesis