The CDC says we should be paying more attention to fall-related concussion prevention in the elderly while one of the NFL's own heads to Harvard for a neurosurgery residency.
Marathon sells off its controversial DMD drug as the FDA stands to double its fees for the drug approval process under the new Trump budget.
The Obamacare replacement is here, and opposition is growing among medical groups. Plus, alternative medicine is having its moment at some major hospitals, while telemedicine proves to be a bust for health care costs.
While Genentech rolls the dice on a second phase 3 trial for its anti-amyloid agent, a new biotech startup is tapping CRISPR technology to restore dystrophin production in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Follow timely coverage of the International Stroke Conference right here on Neurology Advisor.
Just days after it received FDA approval, Marathon's Emflaza is under fire from critics who claim the price of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug is exorbitant.
Still feeling aftershocks from its failed Alzheimer's trial, Eli Lilly announced more layoffs while Biogen faces an investigation into its payment programs for its top MS drugs.
Traumatic brain injury continues to make major headlines as a new crop of lawsuits hit the docket ahead of Super Bowl LI. Plus, are we too quick to rush to in-human trials? The authors of an op-ed in Nature think so.
One US town tries to take Big Pharma to court over the opioid crisis while the FDA continues to approve new, abuse-deterrent opioids. Plus, the first patient with refractory mesial temporal lobe epilepsy has undergone laser ablation surgery as part of the SLATE trial.
UCB Pharma looks to expand its epilepsy drug as Biogen cuts a deal to protect Tecfidera, while insiders suggest that pharmacists should play a bigger role in managing the growing Alzheimer's dementia population.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- New Sleep Apnea Clinical Practice Guidelines
- International League Against Epilepsy Updates Epilepsy Classification System
- In Refractory Status Epilepticus, Lacosamide May Be a Good Option
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Reduces Stroke Risk in Patients With Inherited Thrombophilias
- The Handoff: Your Week in Neurology News - 3/23/17
- Q&A: Strategies for Transitioning Pediatric Patients to Adult Care
- Epilepsy Risk May Increase After Incident Depression
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Coping Program Does Not Increase Health Care Costs
- Valproate for Epilepsy Poses Greater Risk for Major Congenital Malformations
- VTE Recurrence Decreased With Rivaroxaban