Traumatic Brain Injury Feature Archive
Presport evaluations are a great opportunity to check in with players about their mental health, and to guide those who are suffering to the relevant specialist.
For adolescents, contact sports increase the risk of brain health complications.
Female athletes face a greater incidence of and longer recovery time from concussion compared with males.
SPECT imaging can be more accurate in the diagnosis of traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder than CT or MRI.
The greatest hurdle in developing effective treatments for TBI lies in the varied and dynamic pathophysiology and incomplete understanding of factors leading to poor outcome.
Changing the stigma around and frequency of injury in football requires a collaborative, educational effort involving all stakeholders.
The diagnosis and management of concussion is still a grey area for sports medicine specialists.
Dr Conidi discusses some of the major points addressed in the blockbuster film that could impact clinical practice.
Technology called Brain Network Activation allows health care professionals to evaluate brain network function after traumatic brain injury and during recovery.
Advancements in mobile detection technology allow immediate assessment, but can't replace a medical professional's diagnosis.
All too often, physicians, coaches, and athletes are swayed into making a quick conclusion about concussion risk after a hard hit.
Identification, assessment and evaluation of concussions enables clinicians to determine a safe return date for young athletes.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Increased Epilepsy Risk Identified in Multiple Sclerosis
- Distinct Clinical Characteristics Associated With Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Managing Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Magnesium Plus Environmental Enrichment Boosts Cognition, Memory in Alzheimer's Mouse Model
- Prognostic Significance of Weight Loss in Patients With Early Parkinsonism
- Coffee Consumption May Decrease Stroke Risk
- When and How to Approach Driving Cessation in Patients With Dementia
- NBT System Gets FDA Clearance for Depression Treatment
- Erenumab, Fremanezumab Reduce Migraine Frequency, Burden
- Some Antiepileptic Drugs Associated With Increased Risk for Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Survival in Parkinson Disease
- Induced Hypertension Does Not Improve Outcomes in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Cerebral Ischemia
- Devices for Acute, Preventive Migraine Care Now Available
- Evolocumab FDA Approved for Stroke Prevention in Cardiovascular Disease
- Depression in Parkinson Disease Linked to Impaired White Matter Integrity