Traumatic Brain Injury Feature Archive
Presport evaluations are a great opportunity to check in with players about their mental health, and to guide those who are suffering to the relevant specialist.
For adolescents, contact sports increase the risk of brain health complications.
Female athletes face a greater incidence of and longer recovery time from concussion compared with males.
SPECT imaging can be more accurate in the diagnosis of traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder than CT or MRI.
The greatest hurdle in developing effective treatments for TBI lies in the varied and dynamic pathophysiology and incomplete understanding of factors leading to poor outcome.
Changing the stigma around and frequency of injury in football requires a collaborative, educational effort involving all stakeholders.
The diagnosis and management of concussion is still a grey area for sports medicine specialists.
Dr Conidi discusses some of the major points addressed in the blockbuster film that could impact clinical practice.
Technology called Brain Network Activation allows health care professionals to evaluate brain network function after traumatic brain injury and during recovery.
Advancements in mobile detection technology allow immediate assessment, but can't replace a medical professional's diagnosis.
All too often, physicians, coaches, and athletes are swayed into making a quick conclusion about concussion risk after a hard hit.
Identification, assessment and evaluation of concussions enables clinicians to determine a safe return date for young athletes.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Shortcomings in ALS Research: Strategies for Improvement
- Comparing Reference Points for Deep Brain Stimulation Location in Parkinson Disease
- Solanezumab Every 4 Weeks Does Not Significantly Affect Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease
- FDA Approves Clinical Decision Support Tool for Stroke
- Arimoclomol Shows Promise for Treating Rapidly Progressive SOD1 ALS
- CNS Abnormalities Common in Erdheim-Chester Disease
- Trial of Verubecestat for Prodromal Alzheimer Disease Discontinued
- Ischemic Stroke, Myocardial Infarction Both Tied to Lipoproteins, Lipids
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH