In those older than age 65 years, high BP heightens risk for various forms of heart disease as well as for chronic kidney disease and diabetes mellitus.
Women who were obese and taking oral contraceptives had a 29-fold increased risk of CVT.
Compared to cognition, gait speed may be more predictive of mortality due to its relationship with other organ systems.
Loss of consciousness during subarachnoid hemorrhage is associated with a 2.8-fold increase in death and poor functional outcome at 1 year.
D-dimer level at 2 weeks after injury accurately predicts deep vein thrombosis formation.
More patients received VTE prophylaxis after implementation of guideline-based protocols.
The researchers recognize that more research needs to be done to study long-term effects.
There was no indication that any particular type of antidepressant was associated with a greater risk.
Cerebral microbleeds (CMBs) are a common MRI finding in elderly patients, and are associated with cognitive deficits.
The antibody fragment is able to reverse the effects of dabigtran in patients with serious bleeding and those who require urgent care.
Brands associated with a higher risk include Yaz, Yasmin, and Desogen.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Growing Old Without Alzheimer's Pathology: What's the Secret?
- Minocycline May Slow Progression From Clinically Isolated Syndrome to Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Inflammation Observed in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Extended-Release Amantadine Reduces Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's Disease
- Treating Post-Traumatic Headache After Concussion